Monday, April 25, 2011

Another Coral Pink Blush: Milani's Luminous


If you look through my blush collection, you will see that about half of the colors look almost identical. I have a weakness for coral pink blushes with subtle shimmer and therefore it is no surprise that I had to have Milani's Mineral Blush in Luminous. This blush has been toted to be a dupe for Nar's infamous Orgasm blush.


Milani blushes are packaged like many of Physician's Formula face products with the snap opening and flip up packaging which reveals a mirror and useless brush. I tossed the brush that came with this blush because it is absolutely useless. I would much rather the blush come without the flip top so the packaging could be slimmer or they can include more product instead of spending the money on a useless brush. But for about $6-7 you can't complain too much and most drugstore products go on sale regularly.


At first swatch, I could definitely see why Luminous has such positive reviews. The powder is finely milled and smooth to the touch. The pigmentation is very good and the sheen of the blush is gorgeous. When swatched on the back of my hand, the pigmentation is lighter but still noticeable. On my cheeks, the blush adds a subtle warmth that can be built up. I really like this blush for everything aside from the packaging which I can deal with. I highly recommend this blush to everyone! I'm excited to wear this in the summer when I have a tan so I can achieve a bronze, healthy glow. :)





8 comments:

  1. I've heard about this one on youtube. I wanted to get a dupe of NARS orgasm as well, so expesive lah ): Gonna check to see if they have it in the rite aid

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for sharing this! i dont see a lot of dupes for nars orgamsm blush(but then again, i havent really searched for one lol), but i definitely be looking for this blush! im not too fond of the packaging either, but do you think its could be depotted and put into a palette?

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! :) I love when blushes have that luminous sheen! Never fails :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a pretty blush!! i love the color :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Serinny: There are a lot of dupes for Nars Orgasm out there :) Even if the colors don't match exactly, it's barely noticeable on the skin.

    Clarissa: I tend to get a lot of blushes that are supposed dupes for Orgasm because I tend to like peachy pink blushes :) I think this could be depotted relatively easily if you can somehow remove the mirror. The mirror is on the other side of the blush so I don't know if it's a good idea to put the mirror over a flame.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Milani blushes. I just used up "Luminous" and I'm looking to buy another. Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's so pretty! when it comes to blushes, I tend to go for pinks and corals too, hehe. I try very hard not to buy the same shades

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mara: I have yet to use up a blush even though I don't have that many! It's really a big deal when we use up something, isn't it :) It definitely means the product is great!

    Pang: I have little self control if I like the shade :( I have 924692346 taupe eyeshadows too. I try to justify it because it's something I'll actually wear and I usually buy inexpensive products :)

    ReplyDelete