Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Flash Review: Mac's Cremesheen Glass in Fashion Whim & Dupe


One of my friends told me how she prefers watching videos under 10 minutes so I filmed a super speedy review. If you know me in real life you'll quickly notice that I tend to get distracted very easily and I speak in a scatter-brained manner (which is uncanny because my formal writing is very much the opposite). I pretty much said everything I had to say in under two minutes and I hope you all enjoy succinct, to-the-point reviews. I will probably do longer reviews when I feel that it is necessary to talk more about a product but when I have a straight forward opinion I'll do a "flash review".


My latest lipgloss purchase and first Mac lipgloss is quickly becoming a favorite in my collection! Almost everything about this product is a win in my books. The color, creamy texture, opacity, and packaging are amazing. Unfortunately the $18.50 price tag is not so attractive and is ridiculous considering how much product you get.


The shade I have is in Fashion Whim which is available on the Mac website so I'm assuming it's a permanent shade. I am a sucker for packaging and Mac's sleek look really lures me in. 


Here is a side by side picture of Fashion Whim and Peach Petal next to each other. Fashion Whim is a smidgen darker but on the lips they look extremely identical. I don't have a picture of the swatches but the swatches in the video are quite accurate.


This is how Fashion Whim looks on my bare lips. It gives my lips a nice milky pink look without washing me out. I prefer to wear this lipgloss alone without a lipstick underneath.

Have you tried either of these lipglosses? Are you a fan of nude lip colors too? Please let me know your favorite gloss at the moment and also if you prefer long or short reviews!





3 comments:

  1. i have been looking for lip glosses that won't make me look washed out. will definitely check these out. thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love MAC but can you believe it?! I haven't tried a cremesheen lipgloss yet....I really wanted "boy bait" but I'm not sure if its permanant or not...I'll have to look into it. BTW you're getting more and more comfortable in your videos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. sugar sugar: Hope you find something that works out for you!

    Mara: You need to try these! I heard of Boy Bait before and I think it's a similar color but I'm pretty sure it was LE. Ahhh, I hope I'm not coming off as totally awkward on camera XD I really need to sit farther back next time though haha :)

    ReplyDelete