Friday, July 29, 2011

Interview Attire OOTD

I haven't mentioned it on my blog but the past few weeks have been tedious and stressful as I worried about finding a job or internship. I applied to at least a dozen postings and only heard back from a few. Nonetheless I kept on applying and was able to go to a few interviews. I always plan out my interview outfits in advance to make sure they look presentable before the actual day of the interview. I usually wear pencil skirts because I hate how dress pants look on me. I also keep my makeup very simple for interviews because I want to look professional but not gaudy.


Top - Zara
Tank - American Eagle
Skirt - Club Monaco
Bag - Cole Haan
Flats - Blowfish

I quite like this outfit and guess what? I got called back for the job! I'm a full time student so this will be a retail, part time job. Nonetheless, I'm excited to go to orientation, find out when I start, and what hours I will be working! I haven't hauled anything beauty related in almost two months but I expect that could soon change....




8 comments:

  1. Congrats on your job! I absolutely love the outfit. It looks effortlessly chic ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new job!
    I'm the same, I always have to prepare my interview outfit a day in advance or a week. I wear dress pants though because normally pencil skirts will appear too short on me or too long :T

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys :D I just came back from an internship interview and I'll be doing that as well.... By the end of August I'll be juggling school, a job, an internship, volunteer work, my personal life, as well as this blog and Youtube! Ahhhh!!! We have to work hard to play hard, right? ;)

    Ashley: You should go to a store and try on a bunch of skirts til you find one that suits you :D I should take my own advice and find a pair of nice dress pants >.< I' m too used to tight skinny jeans so relaxed pants feel weird on my legs lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on finding a job!!!! :) I hope you'll enjoy working there. You'll be busy but the experience is so worth it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww congrats on your job! I just recently got a job too :) I love the outfit. Very sophisticated look. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rainy Days: Thanks! I hope I enjoy it too :D

    Serenity Angel: Congrats to you too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the job! I love how simple and sophisticated your outfit looks. Looking forward to your future hauls

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Pang! I only get my paycheck every other week and I'll probably be putting most of it aside for savings/future travel endeavors but hopefully some hauls will be possible :D

    ReplyDelete