Sunday, July 31, 2011

Recent Favorites // July 2011


Some readers have mentioned that they enjoy monthly favorites and I enjoy reading and watching them as well! This month I have a video and some written reviews for those of you who prefer to read rather than watch. The written reviews and what I say in the video are pretty much the same thing but I you can get a better look at the products from the video. Enjoy!


Clinique Moisture Sheer Tint SPF 15 in Neutral - This is my go-to tinted moisturizer for the summer. I have already done a whole video review on this HERE. This has been my most used face product this month although I'm beginning to think I like the Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer a bit better.

E.L.F Complexion Brush - I used to use this for highlighters on my cheekbone but it is too fluffy for me to get a precise area on my face. Now I use the soft, fluffy bristles to dust a light layer of setting powder over my makeup. This is my new favorite powder brush!

Bare Minerals Mineral Veil - I tried this out for the first time while I was on vacation and I was surprised at how little product I needed for my entire face. This mattifies well and the powder is super finely milled. I will be saving this for the winter months because the color matches me better when I'm lighter.

Maybelline Eyestudio Quads in Copper Chic and Irresistibly Ivy - I have reviewed and swatched these HERE. I swatched the amazing teal shadow in the video so check that out if you want to see how pigmented and beautiful the shadow is with only one swipe! Although the shadows are easily blended away, the silky smooth texture and great pigmentation make these drugstore winners. I've been loving the shimmery, warm shades for this month.

E.L.F Cream Eyeliner in Copper - I dug this out of my collection because it was drying out and it's actually quite good. The pigmentation is not as rich as some other cream liners but it is buildable. The shimmery bronze color is great for the summer when I prefer not to use a harsh, black liner. This can also double up as an eyeshadow base for a smokey brown eye.

Maybelline Colossal Waterproof Mascara - This a product I had in my back-up stash for a few months now and I first used it while on vacation. I LOVE THIS STUFF. Seriously, this is the best mascara I have ever used so far. It holds my curl like no other while defining and volumizing my lashes. I will definitely repurchase this mascara in the future. This is the first waterproof mascara I have ever used and I'm definitely interested in trying out more if they perform like this one.

Lancome Bi Facil Eye Makeup Remover - If this did not cost $26 for a full size bottle, I'd run out to get this in a heart beat. This removes my makeup well and although I lose a few lashes when I take off my Colossal mascara, I don't blame this remover. This does not dry out the skin around my eyes like my Up & Up remover and the Bi Facil has a subtle, delicate fragrance. I highly recommend checking this out when Lancome has a gift with purchase offer.


4 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting these! I have to try BareMinerals some time, I've actually never tried any of their products! The Bi Facil sounds great too, I just wish it wasn't that expensive :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love waterproof mascara and I HAVE TO HAVE the BI-FACIL as well. It takes everything off like a dream. Great July picks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bi-facil is awesome. It's my favorite too and does an amazing job at removing waterproof makeup. Ya the only con would be the price so I only use it sparingly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rocaille: I've also tried their matter powder foundation which I actually really like. But the prices are a little high and I think Everyday Minerals might be a cheaper dupe of essentially similar products. :)

    Mara: Thanks!

    Pang: I think I'm going to use it only when I'm wearing a lot of eye makeup and waterproof mascara to conserve it XD

    ReplyDelete