Saturday, August 20, 2011

Gilded Bronze EOTD

I wear gold eyeshadows year round because they're neutral, but not really, if that makes any sense at all. They look amazing with browns and I'd like to think they compliment my dark brown eyes as well. But really, I think everyone, no matter their eye or skin color, should have (at least) one stand-out gold shadow in their collection.


I usually like to pair my golds with warm colors which usually ends up being some sort of brown (go figure, heh). I like to keep the liner in the color family by opting for a dark brown gel liner to create a defined wing. In the winter months I wear mostly black eyeliner and in the summer, mostly brown.


These are the three shadows (Urban Decay's Half Baked, Twice Baked, and Mac's Tempting, all of which are permanent shades by the way!) I  used to create my look. I did my basic eyeshadow application technique. If you watch my video tutorials you'll see that I basically use the same technique over and over again. My tip for those of you who have no crease or very small eyelid folds is to apply the "crease" color on the outer third of your lid and concentrate the color closer to the lash line. After proper blending your eyes should look more defined, deeper, and substantially larger. 


This is what I would consider a very easy, everyday eye which I would pair with a clean face with a bit of bronzed contour and a glowy blush. I used Milani's Luminous if you're wondering. On my lips, I was wearing Wet n' Wild's Just Peachy lipstick and Revlon's Colorburst Peony lipgloss which you can see pictures of in THIS post.




6 comments:

  1. You look so pretty! :) I love the gold shadow paired with browns. It's such a pretty look :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this EOTD :D do a video for this tutorial pleaseeee :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to wear this look today! All the colors you use I either have or I have dupes of. Also, I love the tip on hooded eyes. I can still see the crease in my eyes, but if I put color there you can't see it, so I have to make it go above the crease. When I put color above the crease I feel like it is too close to my eyebrow, and that looks like too much eyeshadow for me. So I don't know if I exactly have hooded eyes, but I'm going to try your trick and see if it works better on me. Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rainy Days: Thanks!

    Lam Lam: I'll try to do a tutorial on this look if I have the time before classes start :) It's really simple though!

    Sabrina: Thankyou :D

    Sarahkay: These colors are really common and dupe-able so you should have no problem creating a similar look. Let me know how technique works on your eyes! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looked pretty this way. I'm curious to see how this technique will work with other makeup looks that call for color in the crease.

    ReplyDelete