Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Drugstore Gem: Maybelline Expert Wear Eyeshadow in Golden Halo


Here's a product that I will be showing in my upcoming (very belated) collective haul. I have had this Maybelline eyeshadow on my wishlist for ages because you know all how I love the Maybelline Expertwear Eyeshadows. This is surprisingly the first single I have tried from their range. This gold is not your typical gold in that it has an old gold quality to it.


As expected, the pigmentation and texture is phenomenal. I believe most of the Maybelline eyeshadows can rival high end shadows in terms of quality. While the shadow is buttery smooth and pigmented, it is not powdery which is important to me. An example of good eyeshadows which are a bit too powdery are Wet n' Wild's.


I wanted to compare Golden Halo with some other high end gold eyeshadows that I own. Urban Decay's Half Baked can be found in many palettes including the infamous Naked Palette. Golden Halo is a bit more yellow while Half Baked is more orange. Too Faced's Honey Pot is more champagne than Golden Halo. You can tell that the pigmentation of the Maybelline shadow is right on par with the higher end shadows though. I highly recommend this shadow as you can find it for around $3 to $4 at your local drugstore. If I wasn't trying to cut down on makeup spending, I would run out and purchase a bunch of the other singles that they sell :)


11 comments:

  1. Woah this color is gorgeous! I may have to pick it up next time I go shopping. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love maybeline shadows!!! Wow this color is very vibrant, and very pigmented. I like how u compared it to higher end shadows!

    http://glitzglambudget.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lilladylife & Rainy Days: It's even prettier in person! :D

    Pang: You need to get this! I think it would suit you very well :)

    Ms. Glitz Glam: I'm happy that you liked the comparison. I think I need to do more comparison photos for future posts and swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a lovely shade! And very pigmented!
    I need to go check out these Maybelline eyeshadows!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love gold colors and now I cannot resist myself to hunt down drugstores to get my hands on these! Lovely swatch. <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, that color is gorgeous! And cheap to - nice find!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, I like how I'm being an "enabler" to you guys :) I hope you all get to try this shade out!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. you said it is "infamous"...i think u meant famous?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I mean famous as the Naked Palette really is great. It's just a bit annoying how it's so ooh-ed and ahh-ed over that it's overdone.

      Delete