Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Fall Tutorial: Bronzed Plum Eyes

Shuffling from school, work, volunteering, interning, and some rare get-togethers with friends and family leave me little time to play with makeup. These days usually consist of nothing more than moisturized skin, glasses to hide my eye bags, and maybe a bit of gloss if I'm up to it. If I do have time to wear makeup, it'll be my usual base makeup, one shimmery beige all over my lids, liner, mascara, and a non obtrusive (a.k.a barely there) blush. I was yearning to do a Fall inspired tutorial so I found a bit of time (albeit last week.... I pre-film and pre-write nearly everything now) to film and photograph a look.


This look is something I would wear a lot during the fall season as it reflects the gorgeous colors of the leaves before they wither away. The plum and copper shades are not overly dramatic but still vibrant enough to be noticed. Please excuse my very bare lips. I was running short of time and had to leave the house without any lip products. Au natural lips are something I embrace often when I wear a bit more color on my eyes as I don't need a lip color to make me look "alive".


On the inner corner of my lids I used the champagne shadow from Wet n' Wild's Walking on Eggshells Trio. The rest of the lid consisted of the plummy goodness of Inglot's Pearl 452. In the crease and lower lashline I applied shades from Maybelline's Chai Latte Quad. I used E.L.F's Shimmer Eyeliner in Boldly Bronze on my lower lashline as a base for the copper eyeshadow to stick onto. I applied E.L.F's Studio Cream Liner in Copper on the upper lashline to tie the whole look together.


If you're interested in learning how to achieve this look, watch the video below! Thanks for reading and press the "follow" button if you want to see more Fall makeup tutorials!

2 comments:

  1. I love the colours you used here! They look so good together...definitely very fall appropriate. Can't wait for your next fall inspired look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou Stacey! :) I can't wait to post my next fall look haha. It's always fun to experiment with color and wear something besides the usual champagne or beige shadow.

    ReplyDelete