Saturday, October 29, 2011

Lips of The Day


NOTE: I have added lip swatches to the Tarte LipSurgence Pencil Set review! You can get a much better idea of how the shades now :) Click HERE to see the swatches and review if you haven't already seen that post!

At the moment, my blogging schedule has amounted to about one post every four days. I wish I could post more often but due to lack of time to take pictures, edit, and write good quality entries, I just can't. I feel even worse about not posting a Youtube video in more than two weeks. I really miss making videos as it gives me a chance to essentially ramble about what I love to talk about. I promise new videos will be popping up on my blog soon!

Nowadays I choose not to wear makeup often because I would rather spend the twenty minutes I usually take to get ready, sleeping. Also, I'm usually out of the house for at least 12 hours a day so I do not want makeup sitting on my face for that long. When I get home after a long day, the last thing I want to do is feebly attempt to take out my contacts and cleanse my face thoroughly (although I always make sure to remove all my makeup no matter how tired I am!).

While ignoring my foundations, eyeshadows, and blushes, I usually only go for lip products during these no makeup days. A year ago, I rarely ever wore lip products whether it be gloss, lipstick, or what have you. Now I understand how a nice lip color can compensate for the lack of color on the other parts of the face.

The other day I tried a new lip combination, Covergirl's Lip Perfection Lipstick in Heavenly and Mac's Cremesheen Glass in Fashion Whim, and I totally love it. Heavenly is a mauve, cool toned pink and Fashion Whim is a baby pink with yellow undertones.


But when they combine, they turn into the most gorgeous peach shade! I have an affinity for peach lip colors so I'm really happy I tried something new and discovered something great. I find that the Covergirl lipstick is not the most hydrating or creamy so the creamy formula of the lipgloss also prevents my lips from drying out.

Have you tried out any new lip combinations lately? Tell me what your favorite lipstick and lipgloss combinations are in the comments!




6 comments:

  1. I generally don't like using gloss all over my lips (I think it looks like mucus/slime), so my lipstick and lipgloss generally have to be pretty close in color, otherwise it ends up looking funny. I do like Shiseido Bubblegum lipstick with Dior Sari Pink lipgloss dabbed lightly in the center. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful combo! I have Heavenly and it's one of my favorite "natural" lip colors. It's sometimes so much easier to pick lip colors than create an entire new look, especially when we just aren't in the mood to pile the makeup on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty Me Purple: I only recently started getting comfortable wearing anything on my lips because they used to bother me a lot. I recommend using a brush to apply your gloss so you don't get too much on! Thanks for the recommendations; I've been wanting to try a Dior lipgloss :)

    MeiBelle: I actually don't like to wear Heavenly by itself and it tends to lean too purple and cool on my lips. It's nice to wear lip colors when you're not wearing any other makeup because you still feel like you did something to polish up haha :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this combo! I'm glad that you still manage to post in spite of your busy schedule. It's not easy to blog every day and I don't know how some people do it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pang, I try my best to post as often as I can :) I genuinely enjoy blogging for the sake of sharing my thoughts and pictures. If anything, it's therapeutic and it helps me cope with more serious and difficult assignments!

    ReplyDelete