Saturday, October 1, 2011

Living La 'Dolce Vita'


Nars' Dolce Vita Lipgloss is perhaps my most "unique" favorite lip product for the Fall and Winter and you might remember that I mentioned this in my Fall Beauty Must Haves post. I say Dolce Vita is unique simply because it isn't a color I would usually go for. If you've been reaidng my blog or watching my videos for awhile you'll see that I tend to go for safe, nude lips. Sephora describes Dolce Vita as a "dusty rose" which is quite spot on. The color is neutral and almost a "my lips but better" shade with a noticeable tinge of red, making it all the more interesting.

The formulation is amazing. The texture is impeccably smooth and non-sticky while the pigmentation is rich and opaque. There is a strange chemical scent to the gloss but I can overlook that because it is just that good. The somewhat thick consistency helps this gloss stay on my lips for at least two hours and it fades evenly. This is definitely one of my favorite qualities of this lipgloss because I hate it when lipglosses gather where my upper and lower lip meet, creating that gross white line (I hope you guys know what I'm talking about!). Dolce Vita fades evenly and seems to stain my lips a bit in a good way so that I have some color. The formula is somewhat moisturizing and it definitely does not make my lips dry a tiny bit.


I tend to wear Dolce Vita a lot when I have minimal eye makeup on or when I have absolutely no makeup on because I'm just too darn tired to wear contacts. One day, a few weeks ago, I just applied my normal concealer, foundation and powder and skipped eye makeup entirely. I rarely ever skip eye makeup if I choose to wear makeup at all and I usually fore-go lip products instead (you'll know that if you watch my videos haha). Now even though my eyes look a tad droopy, I think a bit of Dolce Vita really brightened up my complexion and made me look more alive. You can see that on my lips, the color is really not that scary at all and it comes up more pink than red.

I love, love, love this color on myself and it would definitely suit many skintones. Even though a tube is $24, you get .28 oz of product which will last quite a while. I've been using a mini sample size I received almost two years ago. I've used this gloss at least a dozen times and I still have some product left. I would definitely repurchase this shade and I already have several others on my wishlist (including the infamous Turkish Delight)! Have you tried Nars' lipglosses? If so, how do you like them?


8 comments:

  1. I LOVE Dolce Vita and I Love it on u! It just adds a chic finishing touch =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the color looks great on you~~ :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. MeiBelle: I'm thinking about getting the lipstick now too... lol XD It gives that really sophisticated touch that looks amazing on anyone :D

    MEOW: Thankyou! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. The color looks really pretty! If you didn't show a picture of it I'd probably never look at such a dark shade (judging from the tube). Makes me want to try NARS lipgloss asap hehe Ahh why does NARS have to be so pricey? xD

    ReplyDelete
  5. mandy: If I hadn't received this in a sample, I would have never tried this lip color because I'm usually not drawn toward darker shades. Nars is pricey but out of the products I've tried so far (not very many.... YET!) the quality is definitely worth the price!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Goodness! I love how this looks on you and dang it for me because I can't stand the smell.

    ReplyDelete
  7. NARS Dolce Vita lipstick is still one of my all time favorites...the gloss definitely seems like something I'll like! I do have a bit of a problem with NARS lipgloss smells though....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pang: Yea the smell really bothered me at first but I don't really smell it anymore unless I actually put my nose near the product ^^

    Stacey: I saw your lipstick post and Dolce Vita looks beautiful on you! I added the lippie to my wishlist because of your swatch haha :D

    ReplyDelete