Monday, October 31, 2011

(Not So) Recent Beauty Purchases

Throughout September I made various beauty related purchases and I wanted to compile everything to show you guys in a collective haul. Some of these products were acquired in October as well. It feels weird not to show you guys what I bought so I'll just give you guys a sneak peek at some of the reviews to come!I have reviewed and swatched a few of the products already so I will link those below.


Maybelline Single Eyeshadow in Golden Halo
Maybelline Color Sensational Lip Stick in Coral Luster
E.L.F Studio Blush Brush
Nars Deep Throat Blush
Tarte Lip Insurgence Set
Laura Mercier Foundation Primer (sample)
Nars Sheer Matte Foundation (sample)
MakeUp Forever Face and Body Foundation (sample)


I ordered the following items from Sephora's Friends and Family sale:
Benefit POWda WOWza Boxed Blushes: Coralista, Bella Bamba, Hoola
Tweezerman Mini Tweezers
Sephora by OPI Manhattan Minis Nail Polish Set (I'm wearing one of the shades in the video!)


Cargo Mediterranean Set - This was purchased through a gift certificate which was given to me by SkincareRX. A representative of skincareRX was kind enough to reach out to me and offer me a sponsorship which I gladly accepted. I had not expected any company to see much value in my blog, which I consider a hobby, but I am very happy and excited about the prospect of reviewing items that I normally wouldn't purchase with my own money as well as possibly holding sponsored giveaways!
L'Occitane Hand Cream (not pictured but you can see it in the video!)


I know, I know, it's a lot of stuff! I forgot to mention in the video that I am going on a November No-Buy which I will dedicate a whole blog post to soon. In general, less of my money will be allocated to beauty products and I'll get into detail about that in the said future post.

Hope you all enjoyed my collective haul and video! I finally figured out how to make my videos high definition and I feel much better about them now because the sub par quality really bothered me. My September and October Favorites post and video will be coming up in the next week or so so stay tuned!

10 comments:

  1. The nail polishes look pretty, and I want to see a swatch of the Maybelline lipstick soon! :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet haul and congrats on the sponsorship :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah the video quality is a lot better! My sister has been wanting blush. what do u recommend besides the one u got? idk, I feel like blush is bad for the skin. ....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty Me Purple: I'll swatch the Maybelline lippie soon :) Thanks for suggesting it because otherwise I wouldn't have until the spring and summer!

    Ashley & christine: Thanks! :D

    Emy: I was crossing my fingers as it was uploading in the hopes that it would be HD :D Now you can actually see the products and swatches in detail! If your sister wants to try an inexpensive blush, I'd recommend Rimmel's Lasting Finish in Santa Rose, which gives a subtle hint of color. In the video I'm wearing Milani's Luminous blush which looks really pretty and is super finely milled and pigmented. I haven't had any bad skin reactions attributed to blush thus far. As long as you remove your makeup effectively, every night, it should not harm your skin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for high def vids!! Have you tried the LM tinted moisturizer yet? I wanted to know ur thoughts on it. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I featured the Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer (oil free version) in my July and August Favorites :) I like it a lot and it's actually what I'm wearing in this video! I apply a tiny bit of it with a concealer brush all over my face and use a Sigma F80 flattop to buff it into my skin. It looks really natural and evens out my skintone well. You should try it out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You hauled some nice items. I have been debating if I should get the Benefit Powda Woza since I am planning to get the NARS blush palette...ahhhh so hard to make these decisions.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think the Nars palette is a better deal than the Benefit one but I didn't get the Nars palette because I didn't want Nars Super Orgasm nor that particular highlight or bronzer shade. I think I want to collect Nars blushes in individual or duo pans rather than a whole palette which is just my personal preference :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. great video!!

    I really like your blog,
    I follow you :D
    ... maybe if you have time, you could visit my blog too, and if you like it, follow me back ;)
    kisses!
    http://modacapitalblog.com

    ReplyDelete