Friday, October 21, 2011

A Quick FOTD: Neutral Eyes, Bright Lips


I'll be honest. This FOTD is a week old.... But better late than never right?! I actually have not worn makeup at all this whole week (well, do lip products count?). I haven't even had the time or energy to wear contacts. So I'm pretty glad I snapped a picture of my simple "everyday" makeup last week :)

On my eyes I wore one of my many go-to brown looks. I did a tutorial on this eye look HERE but the lid shade I used this time around was different. It's basically the same thing though! Super easy and I'll probably do a video tutorial on it one day. I applied a bit of bronzer and blush from the E.L.F Studio duo which you can barely see in the picture. 

On my lips I have Tarte's LipSurgence Pencil in Swank. I'm definitely getting more comfortable wearing bright lips and I've been reaching for bold colors more than nudes lately.... crazy, huh? I have been wearing a different shade of the Tarte pencils everyday to swatch them on my lips for you all. That will be up soon and I will post it in the original review which you can find HERE.

All in all, a very uneventful FOTD. But I wanted to post something to let you guys know I'm still here and that I care about this blog even though I don't get to update as often as I usually do. I am unbelievably behind in making videos and part of it has just been the inability to face the camera when I look like ^%@& :) I actually rarely curse in real life so excuse my online profanity! Hopefully next week I will find some time to finally show you guys what products I bought in August, September and October! Please stay tuned :)


6 comments:

  1. Once you go bold, you can never go nude!:D
    Hehehe
    Doesnt seem like ur camera is ur enemy,u look pretty!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eve, I think I'll always have a softspot for nude lips :) But now I've ventured out into the bolder side and it's hard to decide what I want on my lips in the morning! I assure you I look much less pretty without makeup haha :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even though this is about the make up, ur skin looks radiant!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol, thanks Lilladylife but I have to confess that some of it is due to retouching on photoshop :) Although I was having a few weeks of clear skin a few days ago. At the moment my skin is a mess due to fatigue and stress :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look very beautiful and the bright lips suit you. I'm glad you are slowly moving out of comfort zone and trying brighter colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thankyou Pang :) You definitely inspire me with your bright looks!

    ReplyDelete