Tuesday, November 22, 2011

My Current Foundation Routine & NOTD


Flawless skin is the essential starting point for any makeup look whether you are trying to achieve a dramatic and sexy smokey eye or a simple "no makeup" face. As most of you know already, my skin is far from perfect and I suffer (suffer is probably too dramatic but you get my drift) from acne, acne scarring and redness. Thus, I turn to makeup to conceal my complexion woes.

First I start out with my concealer which is Lancome's Effacernes Concealer in Clair II. I have reviewed this in-depth already so besides that I love this concealer, I don't want to say too much more about it. I use my Ecotools concealer brush to place the product and my fingers to blend out the concealer.

Since August I have been predominantly using a little sample of Laura Mercier's Oil Free Tinted Moisturizer in Bisque. I only use a tiny bit and it really goes a long way! If I buy the whole tube, it'll probably take me more than two years to finish.... You can see how much was originally in the same jar in THIS post. I also featured this tinted moisturizer in my August Favorites so I do enjoy this product quite a bit (the only downside is that my face can get quite oily throughout the day from this, but just a tad). I use my Ecotools concealer brush to place a bit ofthe product on the places where I need the most coverage such as acne scars, redness, and on my cheek areas. Then I use my Sigma F80 brush to blend out all the product all over my face. This brush is the best for blending out thicker consistency foundations as it gives a beautiful, natural and airbrushed appearance.

Lastly I use my E.L.F Studio Complexion brush to pat on the Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Powder Foundation to set everything while adding a tiny bit of extra coverage. I use a patting and light swirling motion to avoid cakiness.

Watch the video below to see exactly how I use all these products!


Here is a closer look at my nails from the video. I cannot stop raving about the Sephora by OPI Manhattan Minis Collection as all the polishes are ON POINT. This one is Stand By Your Manhattan and it is gorgeous. But really, every single one that I have tried from the set (four out of six so far but I have yet to show swatches of all of the ones I have tried) is amazing. I have to thank this set for reawakening my love for nail polish and reminding me of how nice it feels to have manicured nails!


Oh the shimmery goodness of it all! Tell me, what are you loving on your nails at this moment? :D

4 comments:

  1. very nice tutorial! u look natural at the end which is ideal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice tutorial!! I use the same concealer! It's my favorite concealer ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that it is best to brighten up the face rather than try to cover everything. Great tutorial! And that sigma brush works so well, I need it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lilladylife: Thanks! I've definitely had instances where I've caked on the foundation (like a noob) and it wasn't pretty. So now I've learned my lesson!

    Rainy Days: Isn't it amazing?! :D Glad you love it too!

    Stacey: You should definitely get the F80 brush, it's a staple in my collection!

    ReplyDelete