Sunday, December 18, 2011

Vampy Lips


If you asked me a year ago if I would try a burgandy, plum, or even red lip, I would have said no. I think it takes a degree of confidence to wear a bold lip but once you try it, your fears usually disappear almost instantly. I still love nude and baby pink lips but the fall and winter is definitely the perfect season to try to expand one's comfort zone.

A few weeks ago I wore a plum colored lipstick outside for the first time and it felt good to try something different on my lips. Darker lip colors definitely age most people but I don't particularly mind looking somewhat older (I'm sure by the time I'm in my late twenties I'll be minding!). I wore Dior Addict Lipcolor in 783 which I featured in my Fall Beauty Must Haves post awhile back.

What are your favorite dark lip colors? Do you prefer nudes, "natural" my lips but better shades, or dark and edgy colors?


4 comments:

  1. I love a darker lip on you. It's really flattering and so refreshing for winter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou Mara! It's definitely something I'm trying to get into the habit of wearing more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This color looks very nice on you. I have a nice variety of colors at my disposal but I often reach for pinks and natural shades on a typical day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Pang! My lipstick collection is certainly growing but I tend to choose the same ones over and over just because I know they're "easy" to wear. :(

    ReplyDelete