Saturday, March 10, 2012

Bobbi Brown's Galaxy: Multidimensional Tauped Pewter Goodness!


When I think of Bobbi Brown, I think of no-fuss, basic beauty fit for all women. That description can sometimes boil down to "boring". Thankfully, Bobbi Brown's Long Wear Cream Shadow in Galaxy is everything but boring!


Like with almost all high end beauty products, Bobbi Brown's Long Wear Cream Shadow is contained in sleek, functional packaging. The container is made of heavy glass and the black top screws on tightly to prevent the cream from drying out too quickly.


Galaxy is a gray taupe with purple undertones. The shimmer in this product is very rich and multifaceted. My camera really cannot do this product justice.


My camera was having a lot of difficulty focusing on the swatches but hopefully you can see how reflective this shadow is. The color is quite sheer once blended out but you can layer the product until you get a semi opaque look.

Besides the unique color, the texture of this cream shadow is of nothing I have used before. This product becomes very creamy when I dip my finger into the jar to pick up some product. It seems like the warmth of my finger tips helps the cream glide onto my eyelids much easier than even the Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadows which I also like. After about 30 seconds to a  minute, the cream shadow will set and stay put on primed eyelids for the entire day. I always wear eyeshadow primer so I am not sure how crease resistant this is by itself.

A potential con to this product is that it does not make a good base layer for powder eyeshadows. I find that trying to apply powder over Galaxy, once it has set, results in a slightly patchy finish. I cannot get even coverage on the middle of my lid. I have successfully used this all over the lid and added a bit of a darker shadow on the outer edge of my eyes to contour.

This product is great for lazy, simple makeup days when you want some shimmer to your eyes. Galaxy shows up like a lavender gray on my eyes so with a bit of black liner, I can achieve an easy purple smokey eye in seconds. Galaxy is a permanent product and retails for $24, not inexpensive by any stretch of the imagination but definitely a worthwhile investment if you like low maintenance makeup.

Have you tried any of Bobbi Brown's cream eyeshadows? Let me know what Bobbi Brown products you've tried, liked, hated, etc.!

12 comments:

  1. It looks lovely! I may be tempted to check this out at their counter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely check this out in real life! The colors are a lot more complex than what you see in the photos :)

      Delete
  2. pretty shade too bad it's not good with powdered shadows, i have not tried her cream shadows i have pretty bad luck with Bobbi Brown :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, I don't have much experience with Bobbi Brown but they have some nice neutral powder shadows I'm interested in trying. I swatched a few before at the CCO and they were really gritty.... Hopefully it was just the testers that were old and bad :/

      Delete
  3. So pretty! I have two of the cream shadows by Bobbi Brown and I really like them. They are great for subtle, undone looks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh! Which shades do you have? I'm going to try and swatch a few of the other shades to see if I like any so I can add to my collection. These are really great for quick makeup looks :)

      Delete
  4. I never tried BB's cream shadow but I absolutely loved their gel liner and creamy concealer! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been wanting to try those two products for awhile now! Too bad I have a lot of gel liners and concealers to use up first >.<

      Delete
  5. Definitely a good shade for lazy days/by itself! It totally looks like the galaxy/stars/nebulas/space stuffs in the pot LOL. Good job on the name, Bobbi Brown! xD

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love cream eyeshadows and this Bobbi Brown one is such a pretty shade, looks like it would be perfect for an easy everyday look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely check this one out if you like cream eyeshadows! It's a bit different in texture compared to ones that I've tried. It's much lighter and easier to blend :)

      Delete