Thursday, March 1, 2012

Last Haul Before The Ban


I said I was going to put myself on a makeup splurging ban in my last haul but I promise this is it. Really. Most of these goodies were purchased with giftcards I saved up from my birthday and Christmas so I don't feel too guilty. I wanted to use up these giftcards so they wouldn't be tempting me to shop while I was on my ban. I will be reviewing these products separately soon so I'll just list off the product names below. If you want to see swatches and my initial impressions, check out the video below!

The Goods:
Korres Pomegranate Regimen Set
Korres Pomegranate Mattifying Treatment Sample
Philosophy Hope In A Jar Moisturizer (100 Point Perk!)
Nars Blush in Oasis
Nars Eyeshadow Duo in Kalahari
Too Faced Leopard Love Palette ($12 at Nordstrom Rack!)
Mac Eyeshadows in Patina and Satin Taupe & 4 Pan Palette
Mac Blush in Pink Swoon
Mac Face and Body Foundation Sample
Nivea Soft Cream (freebie from CVS)


As you can probably tell, I am gearing my makeup collection towards more high end products. I have a lot of drugstore makeup and I will always have a special place in my beauty routine for inexpensive finds. But overall, I love the quality and aesthetic of higher end items (although not every expensive item is worth the price!) and they will be products I will use for a long time.

12 comments:

  1. Good luck on your ban! Keep us updated on how it goes! ^__^
    Pink Swoon looks very bright and bold in the picture, how is it in real life?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll know if I break my ban if you see a haul post XD Pink Swoon is very sheer when applied but it can be built up. I'll have a review on it soon but if you watch the video, I swatched the blush and showed you how it's very faint :)

      Delete
  2. I have that Too Faced Leopard Love Palette, I believe it was discontinued but you got a total bargain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was eyeing the palette when it was full price so I'm glad I got it on sale :) I love going to Nordstrom Rack to scour for discounted makeup!

      Delete
  3. Good luck on your ban! I tried the Korres Pomegranate kit but didn't like it too much. I'd love to hear your thoughts on it when you try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far the scrub and mask are OK but nothing spectacular.... But then again I feel like I have really high expectations so nothing ever seems to be amazing :/ I'll definitely update you guys when I've had a chance to use the products more!

      Delete
  4. Good luck for your ban! I've been on several bans and it was really hard at first but you get used to it! :P Keep us updated and looking forward for some reviews/swatches! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! I feel like when I forcibly put myself on a ban, it puts more strain on me than when I'm free to buy whatever I want. But for now I think what I have will take me years to finish up so I want to try and finish some old products before buying new things. I still have to review/swatch some items from my last hauls so I'll try to hurry up and get those out of the way!

      Delete
  5. very nice haul! good luck on your no buy! which i will prob do after the sephora sale??? i dont know if they have one but if they do i think its in april????? once i buy those LAST things haha ill stop
    Sorry about Patina, it actually is not a favorite of mine. It looks really lousy on my skin for some reason, too cool toned or i dont know...I used to have pink swoon but sold it in a sale, i kinda miss it!!!
    NARS collector haha that's me i used to love that the eye shadows and blushes are the same size bc it was neat to organize but omg!! when u start to collect and have MANY its soooooooooooooo annoying, u have to pull them out one by one to find the one u want
    i love that nivea cream!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I'll have to partake in that Sephora sale if it comes around in April.... Stop giving me bad thoughts! jkjk :) I'm going to try and make Patina work because it's so unique (and I paid good money for it!) I usually take time the night before to pick out my makeup so I have enough time to rummage around in my collection :) I like having matching things and I like the compacts uniform and sleek. If you're pressed for time I can imagine the frustration though :(

      Delete
  6. Nice haul! wow you got that Too Faced face palette for so cheap! I've been wanting one for the longest time but figure I don't really need it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd say the Too Faced Palette isn't really worth more than $20. It's nice to have but nothing PHENOMENAL. The leopard design is super cute though.

      Delete