Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Nearly Spring Travel OOTD


I can't remember off the top of my head when I last posted an outfit of the day which probably means it's been too long. Frankly I'm usually not one to go to class all glammed up and I tend to wear the same few pieces over and over for convenience. The inner fashionista (I'm using this term oh so lightly) in me hates wearing hoodies and Toms but for comfort's sake, I can deal with it.

The weather has been shaping up nicely in the past week and New York has been experiencing highs in the 70s. This is the outfit I wore for a mini weekend getaway (but I had class first so I still had to be comfortable). I am in love with this Calvin Klein denim tunic I picked up from the outlets for a mere $22. The coat is from H&M. The belt and black leggings are from Forever21. I almost always travel in leggings because they are much more comfortable than regular jeans or pants. I accessorized with one of my favorite scarves from American Eagle. The small teal cross body purse is also from American Eagle and I love carrying it whenever I travel because I can keep my wallet, cellphone and camera handy instead of throwing it into the abyss of luggage. I wore my Toms for maximum comfort. I left my face completely bare and didn't bother with contacts as it was a relaxing, bummy type of weekend getaway.

If my plans for the next few months go accordingly I should have much more free time to shop, plan outfits, photograph, and blog! 

8 comments:

  1. I love the purse and am a huge fan of Toms. You look so chic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks MeiBelle :) At first I didn't get why people were so in love with Toms because it took awhile for me to break them in. I wish they were a bit sturdier though because the back of my left shoe tore within a month or two of wear :(

      Delete
  2. I didn't get toms either (I still may not), but they are growing on me - they just look so comfy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha they remind me of slippers that Chinese people wore in the olden days but they are really lightweight and great for walking a lot in the city. I don't understand how some people can strut around in 6'' stilettos in the city....

      Delete
  3. traveling means toms, leggings, and no make up for me too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looove the tunic + coat combination! Definitely a really nice contrast ^____^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really like how the two colors work together too. I'd been wanting some sort of camel colored outerwear for awhile and this was only $15 at H&M so I had to buy it even though I got it during the peak of winter haha

      Delete