Thursday, March 8, 2012

New Nars Addi(c)tion: Oasis Blush


I have to say I'm pretty proud of what I did there with the title.... It's true, I'm going to be a total Nars junkie when I actually have a real job and a real income. For now, I will have to settle with a few calculated purchases to satisfy my Nars lemmings. My most recent addition to my Nars blush collection is Oasis. Oasis blush is a dusty rose blush injected with tons of gold glitter and shimmers.


Nars recently increased the price of several of their products, blush included. Now a single blush costs $28. Ounce for ounce, this puts Nars in the same price bracket of many luxury makeup brands including Chanel and Dior. Nonetheless, it will take me years to finish up a single blush so the price is justifiable.


Oasis is smooth and pigmented, something one should come to expect from Nars. The matte dusty rose base is beautiful and natural when blended out. This kind of color gives my complexion a more sophisticated air that my favorite peachy pink blushes cannot. The one downfall of Oasis would be the glitter or shimmer. At first I did not realize how many light reflecting particles were loaded into this blush. But sure enough, Oasis is packed with glitter which translates onto the cheeks. I have to be careful when applying this because I risk looking like a disco ball if I do not dust off excess glitter with a powder brush. If you do not like shimmer or glitter, skip this blush and opt for another Nars blush instead. Although I'm glad I have Oasis in my collection, I don't reach for it as often as other blushes due to the glitter.

Oasis is the second Nars blush I own and I hope to purchase quite a few more in the future.... Have you tried Nars blushes? What are your favorite shades?


8 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful! Plum shades are so flattering :) I think if I owned a Nars blush, it would be this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suggest you try it out in store first to make sure you're ok with the sparkle :) I'd love this SO much more if it was matte or slightly shimmery :( I think Dolce Vita and Sin are in the similar plum, mauve red color family.

      Delete
  2. I love your title! :D I didn't know NARS increased their prices...wow same cost as chanel & dior! Makes it that much harder to choose which one I would buy from first! xD
    I don't usually look toward darker blush shades, but this one doesn't look bad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you Mandy :P Nobody ever seems to mention price increases but they happen almost every year and it's extremely frustrating how the brands don't give any notice. The price isn't exactly the same as Chanel and Dior but they're close. I calculated the price per ounce of a lot of popular blushes (Mac, Nars, Tarte, Dior, Chanel, Burberry, and more...). Maybe I'll post it up to share with you guys :)

      Delete
  3. i wasn't going to get oasis since i thought it to be similar to sin, but i picked this up in october and my goodness i love it so much. i have 5 nars blushes :$ but im like you, such a junkie and i totally want more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have Sin on my wishlist! They're similar but definitely different enough to justify having both :P

      Delete
  4. i think i have like 16 nars blushes????? @.@ def in a blog sale for the future! lol
    favorites are luster, dolce vita, deep throat, cactus flower
    i wear orgasm sometimes when i need a pop of something!

    haha be careful when u start collecting! i dont use many of my nars blushes bc i hate flipping through the back of so many and use MAC bc of the clear see through top!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 16?! Wow, I don't think I have 16 of their blushes on my wishlist right now... maybe 10 haha XD Collecting is so dangerous to my wallet because I tend to hoard and keep things to admire rather than to use >.< I only have 2 Mac blushes but intend on getting many more! I kind of like the uniformity of the Nars blushes although it can be annoying if you have a lot of compacts!

      Delete