Sunday, March 25, 2012

Too Faced's Got Something For The Wild Side In Us


Too Faced is one of those makeup brands that definitely appeals to the kid in me. They have outrageously adorable packaging and fun product concepts. The Leopard Love Palette highlights Too Faced's brand concept well with the sleek pink, travel friendly packaging and leopard emblazoned powders. I scored this for about $12 at Nordstrom Rack but you can also purchase this in a set from Sephora for around $26 with some other goodies included.


Too Faced can be childish which is not a look I normally go for but for those of you who love cute, this is perfect. If you're looking for a beauty gift for a younger friend, family member, or whoever, Too Faced might have what you need!


The Leopard Love palette comes with three powders: a bronzer, a blush, and a highlighter. The back of the palette comes with instructions to easily guide beginners on where they might want to apply each product. I'm not sure if I would apply my blush to my temples though.


The bronzer is the least shimmery powder and has more of a satin sheen type of finish. I tend to like matte or satin  bronzers so this was a nice surprise. The blush is very frosty and light. I am not sure if this would show up on medium to dark skintones as well as it does on lighter skin. The highlight, pink leopard, is a cult favorite and now I see why. This highlight, or brightener as Too Faced calls it, is buttery and highly reflective. In the swatch you can see how it almost looks like a cream product. I can see this being a lovely highlight for more tan skintones so I'm excited to use this in the summer.

All in all, if you like cute makeup and you don't mind shimmer and shine, this is a nice palette to have on hand if you tend to travel with makeup.

12 comments:

  1. It's soo pretty, almost too pretty that I wouldn't want to use it. I bet you could use a small eyeshadow brush and use it for your lids too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea :) It'd definitely be an eyeshadow I'd wear all over the lid!

      Delete
  2. I got this purely to store in my handbag because it's a multitasking item. It's a bit too shimmery for me but I do like the bronzer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't do my makeup on the go but it'll probably be nice to have on vacation. The blush could potentially work as a highlight imo due to the high shimmer factor :)

      Delete
  3. That's a very cute palette. I've been lusting over it but they appear very shimmery on your pictures. I'd prefer the blush and bronzer to be less shimmery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you can't find this on discount I don't particularly think it's worth it :( I wish the blush was less shimmery but the bronzer can be nice for a summer glow.

      Delete
  4. These are so pretty, I love the leopard print. I think they would look amazing as shadows as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The leopard print definitely draws you in! You could definitely use the highlight as an inner corner/lid color and the bronzer as a crease shade :)

      Delete
  5. I like shimmer and shine. I recently got one of those eye glitters by sephora. after trying it on (i got the white opal) i immediately wanted the silver one that has larger glitter flakes. oh did u know sephora's bday prez this time is the fresh lip duo! I lied and got one hehehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like shimmer and shine too but rarely glitter. Large glitter particles usually end up all over my face and it tends to make me look very young and like I have no idea how to apply makeup XD On some people it looks great though! I found out about the Fresh birthday gift in January I believe and I'll have to wait until my birthday comes around in December :(

      Delete
  6. dont even ask me how many times ive thought about getting this! purely for the pretty print because i dont even think i would use the actual powders that much. so pretty, but frosty and impractical for me. so cute though haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always seemed to be lured into Too Faced's presentation even though I'm more of a simple, sleek kind of girl. I think I can make the highlighter and bronzer work but I don't think the blush will be given much love :/

      Delete