Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Weekend Travel Makeup Picks


Looking through someone else's makeup bag (especially during travel) is always a thrill. I love seeing how many products I can name off the top of my head and it's always a chance to discover something I've never heard of before.

Here's a little gander at what I brought with me (sans skincare essentials) last weekend during a short visit to Philly! For the face I packed my trusty Lancome Effacernes concealer, Mac Face and Body foundation, and Bare Minerals Mineral Veil. For the cheeks, Benefit's Powda Wowza is perfect for travel as it contains Hoola, Coralista, and Bella Bamba (the blushes are so shimmery I can forgo the highlighter!). For the eyes I toted along a mini UDPP, a Pixi eyeshadow palette filled with a dozen neutral shades (matte shadows doubled as brow powders!), Rimmel's Smokey Brun eyeshadow quad, Buxom's Insider eyeliner in Chocolate Citrine, Buxom mascara, and of course my handy dandy Koji eyelash curler. For the lips I brought obligatory go-with-everything nude lip colors in the form of Korres' Lip Butter in Jasmine and Revlon's Colorburst Lip Butter in Creme Brulee. I also threw in my favorite Cargo lipgloss in Morocco for good measure.

I only packed a powder brush, a blush brush, an angled bronzer brush, a Mac 239 shader brush, two crease brushes (one being Mac's 217!), an eyeliner brush, and an eyebrow comb. I put all my brushes in a ziplock baggie which fit perfectly into my makeup pouch with all my other little goodies.

I think I did well in packing as I got good use out of everything I brought (I could have gotten along fine with only one crease brush though). Do you tend to over or under pack for travel?

2 comments:

  1. Nicee picks! Woahhh I couldnt help but notice the Mare Minerals Mineral Veil. Is that good? But you bring a nice assortment of products. :) I always over pack for travel since I always need up getting very lazy and not putting on anything at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the Bare Minerals Mineral Veil and I featured it in my my most recent favorites post. It doesn't do anything to control oil but it looks really nice for the first few hours. I always get lazy during trips too and go makeup-less. My skin tends to react badly when I go on trips so makeup looks bad over sensitive, acne-prone skin anyway :(

      Delete