Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Becca Flowerchild: Another Luminous Peachy Pink Cheek


Blushes are one of my makeup weaknesses and I find it difficult to turn away from a peachy pink blush. Add sleek, functional packaging, a finely milled formula and my credit card is way ahead of me. Becca's Flowerchild blush is one of the best peachy pink blushes in my collection at the moment and it's going to be hard to top it.


Becca is a high end cosmetics line that hails from Australia. The packaging of many of their products, blush included, is a mixture of the Nars-like rubber material and sturdy metal. The blush compact is small and the sleek inside mirror makes this even more travel friendly. Despite it's small appearance, the blush packs 6 grams of product, or .2 ounces. That is the same amount you get in a Mac blush, for reference.

Flowerchild is a beautiful peachy pink shade with gold shimmers evenly dispersed throughout the blush. It is one of those "universally flattering" blushes that has skyrocketed blushes such as Nars' Orgasm and Deep Throat to beauty world fame.


The blush appears so lovely when swatched that my camera couldn't handle it's gorgeousness and proceeded to fail in the focusing department.... Nonetheless you can see how much color one swipe yields. The powder is incredibly finely milled and after a few days of use, I can barely tell I touched the pan at all. You can see me sporting this blush in some of my recent videos like this one HERE.

If it weren't for the fact that Becca blushes retail for $32 a pop, I would collect them all right here and now. If you are looking for a beautiful peachy pink blush that will be lovely for the summer time and you can swallow a heftier price tag, I highly urge you to check out Becca's Flowerchild. I bought this product using a sponsored giftcard from Apothica so essentially this was sent to me for free. I believe Flowerchild is currently sold out on Apothica's website but they have other Becca products to offer and they periodically restock. I am extremely pleased with my first venture into Becca cosmetics and I cannot wait to try out more of their line!

8 comments:

  1. Ive never used Becca products before but this blush and the packaging is superb. Your swatch is super pigmented.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Becca is starting to get more popular as more online shops carry it :) It's geared more towards the high-end, natural looking cosmetics shoppers. That swatch was only one swipe and it's super opaque!

      Delete
  2. Becca is another brand I am dying to try. Their Beach Tints and Lip & Cheek Cremes are high on my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted to try some of those too but the shades I liked were out of stock :( Maybe next time! They look super promising :)

      Delete
  3. i have no becca products! i really want to try out their shimmering skin perfecters. this looks lovely! would love to see it on you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, their shimmering skin perfectors look amazing! But I have too many highlighters I need to use up first :( I always forget to take face of the day photos but I'm wearing this blush in some of my recent videos :) For some reason blush shows up a lot better in videos than when I take photographs :/

      Delete
  4. I have a weak spot for blushes too. I always find myself wanting more. I still want to get those NYX cream blushes you talked about a while back! I've never used any Becca products. Flowerchild looks so pretty; I think I need one for my stash ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The NYX cream blushes are definitely more easy on your wallet than the Becca blush XD I can't get enough of peachy pink blushes :X

      Delete