Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Cream Blush Rave: NYX Stick Blushes


Meet my new found blusher love: NYX Stick Blushes. These cream blushes come in eight shades but sadly I only own two at the moment that I can attest to being ah-may-zing. Right off the bat I love the cute, bright packaging that is sleek and tiny so the blushes are easy to tote around. It also helps that the color of the packaging is spot on at representing the shade of blush. No more opening up every blush to check what color you're reaching for!


Here is a glance at the ingredients for those of you who are curious or have sensitive skin. The primary ingredient is mineral oil which seems to strike fear in many people but I have never had a problem with using it on my face. I have been wearing these blushes quite often and so far I have not experienced any break outs or skin irritation.


Here you can see how similar the color of the packaging looks to the actual product. The blushes are easy to twist up although a bit of product might scrape the sides of the packaging a little. The only negative about the presentation of this product is how much product you are actually getting. The packaging says there is 6.2 grams and also .013 ounces. I think .013 is a typo and it should be .13 but still, that does not convert to 6.2 grams.... Nonetheless there is quite a bit of product and a little goes a long way with these pigmented blushes.


Hibiscus is a brown pink shade which gives the cheeks a warm yet understated flush. Magnolia is a bright, bubble gum pink which is surprisingly flattering on me despite being cool toned. The above swatch is about three swipes of the blush straight from the tube. I suppose you can apply the blush by dabbing the product straight to your cheeks but I prefer swiping a brush into the product a few times then applying it to my cheeks. Using a brush gives more even color distribution and it is easier to layer on color rather than risk applying too much and looking like a clown.


The blushes are easily sheered out and can be built up for a more potent cheek color. The finish on these is much less glossy and reflective than the NYX Rouge Cream Blushes which some have complained to be too goopy in consistency. The Stick Blushes also last much longer than the regular cream blushes probably due to the firmer consistency. On my oily to combination skin, the Stick Blushes can over eight hours which is quite impressive.

I am a very big fan of the NYX Stick Blushes and I will definitely be picking up some of the other shades in the future. These budget blushes retail at $6 and I picked mine up for less than $3 a pop. I highly recommend these to those of you who like cream blush. If you're a makeup beginner I think you will appreciate these a lot as they look very natural once blended out. Have you tried out this product? If so, I'd love to hear your thoughts on them too!

12 comments:

  1. i've never seen them in stick form before. reminds me of the nyc blush sticks! these look great :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tried the NYC blush sticks and now they're discontinued and I can't find them anywhere :( I'm assuming they're pretty similar though!

      Delete
  2. These look awesome! Hibiscus is a lovely color. I've never used any NYX blush products, but I'll definitely check them out :) Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far I'm super impressed by all three blush formulations by NYX! Hope you like them if you get your hands on some :)

      Delete
  3. These look fantastic, but since the main ingredient is mineral oil I think I will have to pass. Mineral oil doesn't work well for me on my face :(

    Xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, that's a bummer :( I hate it when everyone else loves a product but I can't use it because my skin doesn't like it! The main ingredients I try to avoid are dimethicone and alcohol but once in awhile I'll make an exception if I'm REALLY lemming something :/

      Delete
  4. This is the first time I'm seeing it in a stick form. Both of these colors look very pretty! I wonder if I could find these in a store. Could you keep us update on whether it starts to dry out after a while? I had that problem with the nyc blush sticks :|

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure where you would be able to find these in a store near you :( If there's one major con about NYX, it's their lack of distribution. I think Ulta stores might carry these though. I will update this post in a few months on if these dry out. I really hope they won't though!

      Delete
  5. Magnolia looks really pretty. I'm going to have to go to Ulta and try them all now. Did they stay tacky on the cheeks or did they set?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These do not feel tacky on the cheeks but I make sure to blend it out really well. These aren't cream to powder blushes but they don't have a noticeable feel after application.

      Delete
  6. The hibiscus colour is such a gorgeous peachy glow. :D These look amazing. I wish we had NYX in Aus though. *sigh* xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hibiscus is definitely a my cheeks but better blush! For some reason I never saw it as peachy but I guess it could be a burnt peach color. Ah, I hope one day NYX will head over to Australia!

      Delete