Friday, May 4, 2012

In My Stash: Bronzers



Warm weather is almost here to stay (for at least a few months) so I thought I'd share the bronzers I have in my collection that help me get that sun kissed glow that everyone seems to crave this time of year. To be honest, I like bronzer but it's not one of my must have makeup products. I tend to skip it when I'm short on time or if I'm just too lazy to reach for another brush. That being said it's not surprising that my bronzer collection is quite modest and all of the bronzers I own are in palettes or were sold in a set.


The shades I have are all different from each other in their own way. As you can see I have used quite a bit of the Revlon bronzer as it is one of the oldest in my stash and I can't wait to finish it so I can get rid of it. The pigmentation on the Revlon duo is very light so I have to pack a lot of product on my brush to get a hint of color. I have also used the E.L.F bronzer numerous times but I have not made a dent at all. That bronzer lasts forever! 


As you can see in the swatch above the E.L.F bronzer is the darkest of the bunch. I highly recommend it for those of you with medium to dark skin tones as it is a great budget bronzer. The Revlon bronzer is the sheerest which makes it useless for anyone with medium or deeper skintones. I imagine only very fair skinned people would like this or anyone who wants to use it as an all over bronzer. 


The Too Faced, Revlon, and E.L.F bronzers all have a sheen to them whereas the ones from The Balm and Benefit are matte. Once applied to the skin, the shimmer and sheen is very subtle so I can hardly detect any shine. If anything, the sheen adds to the radiant, tan look that most people try to achieve with bronzer. The matte shades are very good for contouring. The Balm's Bahama Mama has a very nice formula that is smooth, pigmented but not chalky or powdery at all. I highly recommend it to those of you with olive skin tones. Benefit's Hoola is a very popular bronzer but I am not highly impressed by it because the product is very powdery and the color hardly transfers onto my skin for some reason. 

Check out the video below for more swatches and to hear my thoughts on each of the bronzers!


Have you tried any of these bronzers? What's your favorite bronzer? 

6 comments:

  1. Wow so many I have no tried from your collection. I have only tried Hoola which i hated... bit too grey for me. I love NARS Laguna, I am currently using Edward Bess Daydream, and the Guerlain Terrecotta Mosaic which is pretty orange ish but it's so sheer no one notices

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't even tell I have anything on my face when I use Hoola :/ I have Nars Laguna on my to-buy list as everyone seems to love it. I'm eyeing the new Dior bronzers and the Chanel Tan De Soliel looks so posh and refined.... But I doubt I'll bring myself to drop that kinda change for a bronzer anytime soon :P

      Delete
  2. I have Hoola which I love but I find that NYC's Sunny bronzer is perfect for me and so cheap. The Revlon blush duo looks promising in the packaging but I can't believe the poor pigmentation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should really try out Sunny since so many people like it and the price is very reasonable :) I'm sad about the Revlon duo but I can sort of make it work when I'm at my fairest and I pack on a lot of product :(

      Delete
  3. I have Hoola too, but I haven't been using it much lately. I also have a mini NARS Laguna which I heard is a great bronzer, but I haven't opened it yet. Not a big bronzer person; I'm always afraid of overdoing it... but I really want to like bronzer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, I want to find some bronzers I really wholeheartedly enjoy using too. :) Hope Laguna works for you when you open it!

      Delete