Thursday, May 17, 2012

My Kind of Office Attire: Outfit and Makeup

F21 blazer, F21 blouse, Gap skirt, Zara flats, Zara handbag, Marc by Marc Jacobs watch
Today I had to dress in "business meeting attire" for a class so I whipped out some of my go-to interview pieces. I tend to incorporate many of these pieces separately in my "normal" day outfits as well. I really like how this outfit turned out. I think it's appropriate for many work environments and I would definitely wear this to an internship or job interview. The color palette is neutral but the blazer and grayed pink pattern of the skirt offsets the typical gray and cream shades. The skirt and shoes also add a bit of texture to the look.

You all have probably seen me in this blush pink blazer a million times already. The blazer is by far my favorite and most worn purchase from Forever21 and that's saying a lot since I usually steer clear of buying outerwear from them. The blouse was an absolute steal for $10 at Forever21 as well so it goes to show how you don't have to shell out a lot of money for presentable clothing. I scored the Gap print skirt for possibly under $15 but it was definitely less than $20. I try to wear my favorite Zara flats sparingly because I walk a lot everyday. My flats often end up torn and the heels worn down to nubs after about ten wears. I love everything about these flats. The ankle straps, print, and comfort level... all perfect. The cut of the shoe is unique and it shoes a lot of my feet which gives the illusion that my legs are super long. I am totally in love with my Zara handbag which I did a full post about HERE. This handbag is perfect size for interviews as it's just the right size for a folder which I can tuck my resume in. Seriously, whatever Zara has been doing, they need to keep doing it.


My makeup of the day was polished and prim. I tied the front bits of my hair up because I swear it helps me stay focused when my hair is out of my face. I think I look more sophisticated with my hair up and people tend to tell me I look very mature when I throw all my hair into a top knot. I skipped foundation and just spot concealed with my favorite Lancome Effacernes Concealer. I buffed in a bit of Mac's Mineralized Skinfinish Natural which looks natural indeed but unfortunately has no oil control whatsoever and I had to blot more than three times today. I applied a shimmery yellow shadow to the lids, a matte brown shade to the crease and a thin line of black pencil liner to bring some definition to my eyes. I skipped any shadow on the lower lashline because I think leaving that area shadowless gives a more awake, youthful appearance. On my cheeks I applied Benefit's Coralista which honestly barely does anything to my face. I can't understand the cult following. On my lips I took a leap of faith and tried a lip combination out of the blue. I applied Lancome's All Done Up Color Design Lipstick (it was a freebie in a recent gift with purchase) straight from the tube and blotted off the excess. I was left with a beautiful, bright matte lip but I felt that it was a bit loud for the occasion so I topped it off with Mac's Fashion Whim Cremesheen Glass. I love how the combination turned out; it's a gorgeous bright pink lip that's perfect for spring and summer! I never thought about doing a post on the Lancome lipstick for some reason but after trying it out today, I think I need to. The pigment, texture, and lasting power is phenomenal!

Can you tell I'm a bit of an Instagram addict? The ease and simplicity is just too great to ignore. My point and shoot has been neglected lately in my day to day activities but I have not forgotten the important of high quality photos! I really need to get in the habit of doing more face of the day posts as I love seeing them on other blogs. I should really wrap up this unnecessarily long post now....

What are your favorite office or interview appropriate staples? Do you tend to change the way you do your makeup when you're at work versus in your free time? Let me know in the comments!

7 comments:

  1. lovely outfit and you look so pretty :)
    yay for being an instagram addict too!
    can't wait to see the post dedicated to the lancome lipstick ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) Haha, I love seeing your photos on Instagram! My list of products to review is quite long but I keep getting sidetracked with other posts! Must stay on task haha XD

      Delete
  2. You look amazing! I adore the blazer :D And i like hair when it's tied up like that. I have so much hair so it helps a lot to tie up the front =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm really lemming a blazer in a super bright, neon color next! I love how blazers pull a look together :)

      Delete
  3. awesome outfit! I went to zara's 5th ave yesterday for the first time. it's so pretty in there. do you know, i do not have a single blazer?? I know where I will be going to change that. ;) I would love a neon blazer. or a floral silky one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, I forgot I never visited that Zara before!! I must go soon :) I can totally imagine you in a floral silky blazer!

      Delete
    2. let's go together one day. blazer shopping.

      Delete