Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Zara Messenger Bag With Rose Gold Hardware = LOVE


I normally try to purchase as many things in person at a freestanding store as much as possible since I can visit many stores easily. But the other night I could not stop thinking about a certain purse from Zara and so I placed my first order with them.


First off, I am beyond impressed by the lightning fast shipping and handling. I placed my order in the wee hours before the weekend was officially over (read: late Sunday night) and I received my package yesterday (read: Tuesday). Shipping is always free on Zara's website which is amazing and their warehouse is in Massachusetts so it only takes one day to reach me in New York. The purse was shipped in a flip top brown box which was covered in protective plastic. Inside the bag was packed with beautiful teal wrapping paper. I always save wrapping paper so I can reuse it and the bright color made me that much more excited about my purchase. Win, win, win!


The bag is part of Zara's Basic line and it retails for $35.90. With tax my order totaled to just shy of $40 which is still a great bargain considering I really like what I purchased!


The main reason I felt that I needed this bag in my life is the rose gold hardware. The rose gold hardware stands out against the light gray pleather (it's 100% polyurethane which is nice for animal lovers!) and adds a classic and feminine touch to the bag. 


I love that the bag has feet on the bottom which are also rose gold. Small details like these add so much value to purses, not to mention they look pretty stylish.


The bag was actually larger than I expected because I didn't bother to read the dimensions given on the website properly. I thought it would be more of a shoulder type size but I am glad it was quite big as I can fit a water bottle and other necessities in there. A small negative is that there is no zipper across the top of the bag and only the buckle holds the sides shut. I am always very paranoid about people reaching into my purse, especially because I take the subway and bus everyday.


But for the price and the sake of adding a new favorite purse to my modest bag shelf,  I can overlook small nitpicky details. If this suits your style, you can check it out on Zara's website HERE. On a side note, the color in the website stock photo is highly inaccurate as it looks more like a cream color online. I love, love, love my newest handbag purchase and like everyone else has been saying, Zara has really stepped up their game this season with all their drool worthy pieces. I'm almost a bit frightened for my wallet when the next Zara sale comes around now that I can attest to the great shipping service....

If you follow me on Instagram or Twitter, you will have seen another handbag purchase that I just picked up today that I will surely be doing a post on. Until then~

13 comments:

  1. Love the bag! Too bad they don't ship in Canada :( I've seen the black version of it, but it's not as pretty as this one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, that's too bad about the shipping :( Huge retailers really need to expand their shipping horizons! I haven't seen the other colors of this in real life but I saw another girl with the grey version today :)

      Delete
  2. I always thought Zara was an expensive store. This bag looks amazing! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zara is actually quite inexpensive compared to other brands that have a similar aesthetic. You can find some really great, fashion forward items for a reasonable price. I especially love shopping their sales :D

      Delete
  3. This bag is GORGEOUS! I've been looking for a bag for everyday use, and this looks like it would be perfect! I have a Zara bag and I love it, but it's really worn now so I need a new one. Thanks for bringing this one to my attention, haha :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this is the current "IT" bag for the wallet conscious fashionista ;) I have another Zara purse but it's a small crossbody so it's great to add a totally different bag to my collection. Hope you can find this!

      Delete
    2. Their website was down earlier, and I was totally like, "NOOOOOO!" But it's back online, and I just ordered myself one. I can't wait! The quality of their bags are awesome for the price.

      Delete
    3. Woohoo I'm excited for you to get it in the mail :D I wore mine out today for the first time and it fared pretty well :)

      Delete
  4. ooh so pretty! The light colors are perfect for spring. :)
    I should check out zara's website more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I think this bag would be great for all seasons :) Zara's website is dangerous for your wallet!

      Delete
  5. hi, i was just wondering as Zara have ran out of stock where i could get this bag from? as i cant find it anywhere!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure where you can get this besides Zara :( Sorry!

      Delete
    2. I got this bag in black from a blog sale for £10 ! ... Have a look round them or eBay :)

      Delete