Sunday, August 12, 2012

5 Minute Makeup Challenge


You won't find me rustling through my makeup bag and curling my lashes on the subway; I don't like feeling rushed. I often allow myself about 20 minutes in the morning to get ready for the day and I take my time making sure my eyeliner is properly winged out and that my foundation is fully blended. When I get ready, the whole process helps me relax and it gives me time to gather myself for the day.

A few months ago I saw Xteeener do the five minute makeup challenge and I was intrigued. Could I do an entire face of makeup in five minutes? I picked out some fail proof makeup products from my vanity and set to face the challenge.

First I quickly concealed my under eye circles, redness around the nose and mouth, as well as any spots with Milani's HD Advanced Concealer in Light. Over top I added a layer of Clinique's Moisture Sheer Tint in Medium to even out my skin. For the eyes I kept things simple by skipping primer and using Benefit's Creaseless Cream Shadow in RSVP as an all over brightening lid color. Then I lined my eyes with Milani Liquif'Eye Pencil in Brown. I forgot to include my lash curler and Maybelline One By One Waterproof Mascara in the photo above but I finished off the eyes with them. Right before hitting the five minute mark I filled in my eyebrows with NYX's Eyeshadows in Suede and Chocolate.

I did a decent job within five minutes as cheek color and lip color is not an absolute must in my opinion. For years I rarely wore blush or lip products. But for the sake of finishing the look I dusted on a bit of Becca's Flowerchild Blush which has a bit of shimmer to give a highlighting effect. To give my lips a bit of color I added Korres' Lip Butter in Jasmine which is a nude with a semi glossy finish. After applying Jasmine I realized how unflattering the shade looks on my quite tanned skin but at least my lips were moisturized.

Watch me scramble to do my makeup in five minutes in the video below!



How long does it usually take you to apply your makeup on a regular day? Do you think you could do an entire face of makeup in five minutes?

P.S. If you follow me on Twitter, you will have seen my inner conflict regarding whether or not I should continue to watermark my photos. As you can tell by this post, I have decided that I will no longer watermark my photos. I'm not exactly sure the relevance of me stating this but I felt that it should be mentioned.

6 comments:

  1. You did great.
    What baby blue nail polish are you wearing? I love the way it looks on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm wearing Essie's St. Barth's Blue on my nails :)

      Delete
  2. Oh how I envy those who can do their makeup under 5 minutes! It takes me about 20-30 minutes depending on the situation (full face with base makeup & eyes, base with no eye makeup, etc). What baffles me most is how people can get away with 5 minutes because if there's liquid foundation involved, that needs to be set but not before it fully sinks into the skin. My foundation takes 5 minutes to sink in already!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right! I normally don't have to wait for my foundation to sink in because I try to buff it in until it's dry. It all depends on the routine and five minute makeup is more like three components (brows, concealer, and lipstick) rather than the whole face.

      Delete
  3. Wow you got a lot done in 5 min. I tried that before and in 5 minutes, I pretty much only have applied moisturizers, eye cream, and foundation, lol. I usually take about 10-15 minutes on my face on regular days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I already applied my skincare prior to starting the timer so I guess I saved myself some time there. You don't take much time to put on your makeup; 10-15 minutes is quick!

      Delete