Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Caudalie's Take on Cleansing Water


Thanks to the helpful people at Birchbox, I was able to get the Caudalie samples that I missed out on at the Birchbox and Caudalie event that I blogged about in my July Wrap Up. Three lovely samples were included in the event Birchbox and the Caudalie Cleansing Water was one of them. This product is along the same lines as Bioderma or Mandom Cleansing Express and I was excited to try it out (because what skincare product am I not excited to try out?).


Caudalie's instructions suggest that this is a facial cleanser but I prefer to use this as a makeup remover at night. I take a cotton pad and soak it in the cleansing water and proceed to wipe my makeup off. This is very similar to Mandom's cleansing water and I'm beginning to think most cleansing waters are made equal. You can take a gander at the ingredients list in the above photo which may be comparable to other cleansing waters. While Caudalie's cleansing water is good at removing face makeup (two cotton pads gets the job done), it is useless at removing waterproof mascara.

This cleansing water has a light fragrance that I think is synonymous with almost all Caudalie products. From the mini facial treatments I received at the Birchbox event to the other samples that were distributed, they all have a distinct herbal scent. It's a relaxing and sophisticated scent that I personally quite like but it might not be everyone's cup of tea.

The full size of this cleanser is 200 ml and runs for $26, not exactly wallet friendly considering the amount you have to use per wash. Caudalie is on the higher end of the skincare spectrum so the price tag is expected. Will I purchase the full size? No, I probably won't simply because I prefer cleansing oils to cleansing waters. Is this a good cleansing water? Sure, it is and I can imagine it being nice for refreshing the skin in the morning if you want to avoid a foaming cleanser.

Have you tried this product from Caudalie? What are some of your favorites from the brand?

6 comments:

  1. i have a sample size of this but have yet to try it. i am a fan of caudalie products even with the scent, i think it does wonders for my sensitive skin! my favorites are definitely the foam cleanser and the beauty elixir from caudalie. im also trying out the s.o.s serum which is really nice.. but so expensive :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you tried any other cleansing waters and if so, how do you like them? I'm interested in how you like this product. I've spritzed the beauty elixir at Sephora a few times but the alcohol content makes me wary. I got a sample of the S.O.S Serum but I'm saving it for the colder months to test!

      Delete
  2. I love cleansing waters, and would like to try Caudalie one, but since I go through them so fast, I prefer more wallet-friendly options like Sephora. Plus I got broke down and ordered Bioderma. I bought their beauty elixir, but it made my skin burn, so I returned it. Does it work for you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, I go through cleansing waters really fast so cleansing oils make much more sense for my wallet. I find cleansing oils a lot easier to use because I don't have to fuss with cotton pads and it feels nice to massage my skin with the oil. I'm curious about Bioderma but so far I'm not totally in love with cleansing waters. I don't own the beauty elixer but the times I've tried it at Sephora it was nice but nothing too amazing. I'm not sure if I'd splurge on it any time soon.

      Delete
  3. I have a deluxe sample of this and I do like it. I also use it to remove face makeup occasionally. I wouldn't buy a full size bottle though. Too expensive, IMO. Baby wipes works great for removing my face makeup and it's so cheap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try not to spend TOO much on cleansing waters because I go through them too quickly. I think investing in skincare is important though so I'm willing to pay more for cleansing oils or balms. I don't really like the feeling of wipes on my skin and I don't think they do a great job at wiping away makeup. To each their own, though!

      Delete