Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Jouer Birchbox Pink Lipgloss: Most Wearable Fuchsia Lip!


Fuchsia lips are one of those beauty trends that I've always admired on other women but never thought it could work on me. While I haven't the courage to rock an opaque fuchsia lip color (yet), Jouer's Moisturizing Lipgloss in Birchbox Pink is the perfect sheer bright pink to get me to that level.


The 7ml container of lipgloss goodness retails for $20 and can be found only on Birchbox's shop. The doe foot applicator is pretty standard and applies the gloss well. I can easily trace the outline of my lips and spread the product evenly across my lips. Birchbox Pink is a cream finish with no shimmer at all, my favorite kind of glosses. Jouer has numerous other shades, many of them much more natural and my-lips-but-better.


This lipgloss claims to be highly nourishing and ingredients such as vitamin E, shea butter, and jojoba seed oil are supposed to be beneficial to the lips. This lipgloss is paraben free which is good news all around.


I always commend companies who disclose a full ingredients list in plain sight on product packaging. It can be so frustrating when one must become Sherlock Holmes to find out what a beauty product contains.


The sleek clear plastic tube is not only pretty but functional as well. Many of Jouer's products clip together to form a custom palette which makes getting ready a whole lot easier. The pieces of makeup become like legos and make storage easy as well. The one fault I can find about the lipgloss is that the corners of the packaging are quite sharp and if I'm not careful, I can scratch myself by accident.


Finally, the lip swatch of Birchbox Pink. The color is sheer enough to look natural but it has enough brightness to add a pink tint to the lips. The gloss is incredibly lightweight and is not sticky in the slightest. The shine is noticeable but the lightweight consistency means my hair doesn't get stuck to my lips and drag gloss all over my face. My lips feel very comfortable with this gloss on and even after it fades two to three hours later, my lips are soft and moisturized. Sometimes I get the dreaded white line where my lips meet each other while wearing this gloss but it's a lot less noticeable than with other glosses. Other than that, my lips do not peel or have any other adverse reaction to this gloss.

I am absolutely head over heels with the Jouer lipgloss formulation and Birchbox Pink is a unique color to my collection. I am definitely going to purchase more Jouer glosses in different shades and I'm curious to see if I like any of their shimmery colors. Have you tried any Jouer cosmetics? What's your favorite lipgloss shade?

11 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous on you! I thought it would be more opaque but I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! I was kind of scared it was going to be more vibrant but this is the perfect opacity for me :)

      Delete
  2. Pretty! I like this color. Looks more tame on the lips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, it's definitely something office appropriate and great for any occasion really!

      Delete
  3. Really pretty!
    I love when products have the full description too! I read it all.
    I have not tried Jouer yet, but this colour has piqued my interest!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you try out Jouer in the future, I hope you like their products too!

      Delete
  4. This looks amazing on you! I also love when companies are out in the open about their ingredients. That's the only problem I have with some cosmetics, their ingredients are listed in the inside of the box on a separate paper. That's a waste of paper too! wonderful post as always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Agreed, I hate unnecessary packaging. Printing information on the outer packaging is very helpful and if anything, information should be easily available on websites. We shouldn't have to dig for basic facts like ingredients and whatnot!

      Delete
  5. I love this color. I ordered immediately after receiving a sample in my Birchbox. I did not know that it interlinked with other Jouer products. Always wondered what the weird indent was on the tube.

    ReplyDelete