Monday, August 27, 2012

Jouer Luminizing Moisture Tint: Before and After


A lightweight and moisturizing tint that evens out imperfections, evens out fine lines, and nourishes skin to provide radiance? Count me in. Jouer's Luminizing Skin Tint is a product I have wanted to try since The Beauty Bite reviewed it. I obtained a few samples of the tint in the shades golden, glow (not shown), and bronzed to see if I would like this tint. As you can see I like to keep the little pots that sample eye creams and products come in so that I can decant packet samples for easy access.

The packaging of the full sized product is a dark brown squeeze tube that contains 1.7 ounces or 50 ml and retails for $38. The shade selection is comprised of six shades: opal, pearl, golden, glow, bronzed, and deep bronze. I think darker skinned people will not be able to find their shade but the very light coverage is forgiving. The tint claims to be oil free, hypoallergenic, fragrance free, water resistant, perfect for all skin types and boast an SPF of 20.


Here I've done a side by side before and after shot to better show the effect of Jouer's Luminizing Moisture Tint (click to enlarge!). Just to be clear, I have not altered the photos in any way aside from cropping. I never digitally enhance my photos for foundation and before and after comparisons because it would defeat the purpose of the post.

In the before photo I have a bit of concealer under my eyes, around my nose and on some spots but it was a very light concealer and you can see many of my imperfections quite well. In the after photo I used my fingers to apply bronzed to the outer parts of my face and golden on the inner parts to give my skin more dimension. I dotted small amounts of the product around my face and used my fingers to blend everything into my skin. The cream dries to a satin, almost matte finish.

You can see that my skin is more illuminated and bright after applying the tint. There are shimmer particles in the tint that I only noticed after applying onto my skin and they are pretty evident up close. From far away my skin looks very natural though.



While I do not have many active breakouts at the moment, I always have residual scarring, especially on the outer regions of my face. The tint did little to cover the scars and you can still some of my capillaries. If you have good skin and just want a more radiant complexion, this is a nice product but I prefer just a little bit more coverage.

In terms of wear I thought the tint was very comfortable to wear and it did not make my already oily skin oilier. After setting my face with a powder, the glow was still noticeable and the longevity improved.

Jouer's Luminizing Moisture Tint fell short of my expectations or rather surprised me with the shimmer particles, which I was not entirely in love with. If the coverage was a tiny bit higher and the shimmer more refined to the point where it was undetectable up close, this might have been a winner. Over a very high coverage concealer, this looks quite nice to further even out the skin. If you have blemish free skin and want a bit of glow to your face, this will be great for you.

14 comments:

  1. It did a decent job at evening out your skintone and looks quite natural. Not really the type of product feel that I need.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you usually go for a higher coverage product? I like this paired with a high coverage concealer for everyday but for special occasions I would probably use a different base altogether.

      Delete
    2. I prefer medium coverage on typical days and usually skip the concealer since foundation mostly does the job for me. I have uneven skintone and a bit of freckles I need to even out and light coverage doesn't usually cut it for me. I'd only use concealer if I need to cover a pimple, otherwise I almost never reach for it.

      Delete
    3. My acne prone skin requires a bit of spot concealing but I don't have freckles so our skin issues are pretty different. I almost always conceal first and get rid of most of my spots so I only use a tiny bit of foundation or tinted moisturizer over top.

      Delete
  2. Mmm I can see what you're saying about wanting just a bit more coverage. I'm like that with my tinted moisturizers too. I use Dr. Jart water fuse BB cream (for normal/dry skin) and it's absolutely wonderful. I heard good things about the Dr. Jart line available at Sephora, maybe it's something you'll be interested in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tried the Dr. Jart Premium BB Cream from Sephora because they threw in some samples when I made a purchase. I actually really like it when I'm light enough to wear it. I really want to try some asian BB creams first before I explore the western ones.

      Delete
  3. I think it looks nice on you, but if you don't care for it very much, then maybe try something else. I think it looks flattering, though.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the input! I think it looks nice for everyday but I just prefer a teeny bit more coverage, that's all. There's nothing wrong with the product but it's just personal preference.

      Delete
  4. I love the beautiful glow it gives your skin. I think it looks nice during the day, but I would have to do quite a bit of pin-point concealing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The glow is noticeable yet natural and with some powder I can better control how much shine gets through.

      Delete
  5. This seems to be such an amazing product! Excellent product review you have been doing. Like your blog a lot, keep it up.

    Following you now.

    Have a look at my blog as well.. getmegorgeous.blogspot.in

    Shikha x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Could you let me know the difference between the Glow and Golden shades? I've tried bronzed but it was too dark for my light to medium olive skin. Just trying to figure out which color to order!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have either shade at the moment as I've used up both samples but I believe Glow is more pink toned whereas Golden is a tiny bit darker and more yellow. I think Golden would suit you better!

      Delete