Saturday, August 25, 2012

Korres' Pomegranate Deep Cleansing Scrub


Another treatment that was included in the Korres Pomegranate Kit was their Pomegranate Deep Cleansing Scrub. I love a good exfoliant and am constantly on a quest to find the next best one. The full sized scrub contains 1.35 oz for $21 which is quite reasonable for a high end skincare brand.


The back description of this sample sized scrub is identical to the sample sized pomegranate mask from the same line which I reviewed HERE. The full ingredients list for the scrub is easily accessible via Sephora and reads as follows:

Aqua (Water), Olea Europaea (Olive) Seed, C12-20 Acid PEG-8 Ester, Hexyldecanol, Hexyldecyl Laurate, Glycerin, Isodecyl Laurate, Glyceryl Stearate, Isopropyl Myristate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Butylene Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Octyldodecanol, Polyisoprene, PEG-100 Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Arginine, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Benzyl Alcohol, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil, Lecithin, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Extract, Parfum (Fragrance), Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Punica Granatum Fruit Extract, Tocopherol, Xanthan Gum.

The long list of hard to pronounce ingredients makes me more skeptical about Korres' natural branding. Like the cleansing mask and moisturizer from the pomegranate line, the scrub has a distinct fragrance which smells anything but natural. It's not an unpleasant scent but it's noticeable and can be potentially irritating for some people.


The scrub has the consistency of cinnamon sugar suspended in melted ice cream and spreads easily. The creamy base of the scrub feels almost moisturizing on the skin and the granules vary in size and shape to give the skin a good scrub. I apply very little pressure when using this scrub because the exfoliating particles can be harsh if rubbed into the skin. After usage my skin feels soft and my oily skin seems to be calmer. The effects are temporary however and I've come to prefer more finely milled exfoliants and chemical exfoliators.

Like the Korres pomegranate mask, the pomegranate scrub did little to WOW me. The scrub is not bad but nothing fancy and not something I would purchase in the full size. You can probably find an equally effective facial scrub for less money without all the fancy marketing claims.

6 comments:

  1. I love the Korres lip butters, but I haven't tried any other products from the brand. Your blog is great! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the Korres lip butter in Jasmine and it's quite good. It makes me look kind of zombie-ish when I'm tan though. Thanks for the compliment! :D

      Delete
  2. I wonder if it's similar to the one I use which is the Clean and Clear morning scrub or the St Ives one, only more fancier in scent :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it might be similar to those. I think the Clear and Clear scrub has more round beads though? I've never used the St. Ives scrub but from what I've seen, the Korres is probably comparable!

      Delete
  3. I love scrubs that have the little beads in them... is that weird? It's not so much that I feel like they do more for my skin but I love the texture of it lol :x Although I heard using these scrubs often will be too abrasive for the skin, I think I use 'em like 2-3 times a week.. then skip a week then do it again the following week. Lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's not weird! I love exfoliating my skin but I only do it once or twice a week. I prefer enzymatic or chemical scrubs because they tingle and I feel like it's more effective than actual beads. Thanks for reading and leaving a comment!

      Delete