Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Korres' Pomegranate Purifying Natural Clay Mask


Months ago I purchased a set of Korres skincare products as I thought it would be a great way to learn more about the brand and to test out their pomegranate line which is marketed towards oily combination skin. One of the products I was most excited about was the Pomegranate Mask which apparently is called the Pomegranate Purifying Natural Clay Mask. The full size is 1.35 oz for $27 which is standard for a high end skincare mask.


The primary ingredient is water and after that, kaolin, which is responsible for the deep cleansing properties. The mask is mineral oil, silicone, propylene glycol, and ethanolamine free for any of you who are concerned about any of those ingredients. Korres takes pride in its Greek roots and natural beauty products. Am I convinced? Not quite. Here is the full ingredients list from Sephora:

Water (eau), Kaolin, Glycerin, C12-20 Acid PEG-8 Ester, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Isodecyl Salicylate, Isodecyl Laurate, Butylene Glycol, Titanium Dioxide, Benzyl Alcohol, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Zinc PCA, Xanthan Gum, Fragrance (parfum), Allantoin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Dehydroacetic Acid, Punica Granatum Extract, Sodium Phytate, Lactic Acid. 

Pomegranate extract is the second to last ingredient in the list and most of the primary ingredients are the usual suspects in a cleansing mask. The addition of the signature pomegranate fragrance can be quite bothersome to those with sensitive skin.


The mask is a white cream with a similar consistency to Greek yogurt. As you can see, a clear liquid tends to separate from the cream which can be messy and it makes the product seem less "fresh". The mask is easy to apply all over the skin and it dries in about fifteen minutes. This mask is less intense than say the Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask and there is no intense cooling sensation or anything of the sort. The Korres mask rinses away easily and my skin has not had any negative reactions such as breakouts or irritation. However, I have not seen any benefits from using this mask and I do not think it is worth the $27 for a full size. Perhaps it soaks up a bit of the oil on my skin but I do not think it draws out impurities very well. I am glad I bought the sample tube as part of the set as I think it's quite a lackluster mask.

Have you tried skincare from Korres? How were your experiences?

8 comments:

  1. I haven't actually purchased anything from Korres but the SA at Sephora was kind enough to give me a generous sample of their wild rose moisturizer. It was really good actually, I am not so fond of the smell though. Some people like the smell whereas some don't so I guess it was sort of a miss for me.

    I think the consistency of this mask is really interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried anything skincare from Korres aside from the pomegranate line so perhaps the wild rose line is better. From my experience they put quite a bit of fragrance in their products which can be offputting for some. The pomegranate scent is nothing like pomegranates but it is nice in my opinion, just too strong.

      Delete
  2. I was just at TJ Maxx today and saw a set Korres facial products with this included. I almost bought but decided that I didnt really need it. I guess I'm glad I didn't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know that Korres is showing up at TJ Maxx! Perhaps some of their other skincare is better or maybe my skin is just not right for their products.

      Delete
  3. I've tried this mask and the Wild Rose one by Korres but neither of them were life changing. Actually, all of my experiences with Korres products have only been okay. It's no longer a brand I'm *always* interested because of the so-so products and higher price point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who wasn't impressed. It's safe to say I probably won't be spending more money on trying their skincare because it just didn't do anything for me. There are a lot of other skincare products I want to try that I think will be more effective!

      Delete
  4. i love this mask! got the pomegranate kit from marshalls and it had the white tea cleanser which i didn't like, an eye cream, pomegranate mask, scrub and cream. i don't like the scrub, it's too harsh on my skin but love the mask and the cream-gel. my skin is very very oily and acne prone and after using the pomegranate line, my skin hasn't been that soft ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to hear that you liked this product! It just didn't wow me and I prefer the Origins Clear Improvement Mask more :)

      Delete