Friday, August 10, 2012

L'oreal's Gilded Bronze: An Amazing Drugstore Copper Shadow


Bronze eyeshadow is a staple in my makeup wardrobe; it can be worn day or night and looks amazing on any eye color and skin tone. From my experience many makeup manufacturers have gotten the formula of their bronze shimmery shadows to a T. Some of my favorites are Mac's Tempting, Urban Decay's Smog, and now L'oreal's Gilded Bronze is joining their ranks.

Gilded Bronze is part of the Studio Secrets Professional line of eyeshadows and retails for about $5. A generous .1 ounce of shadow is encased in a plastic flip compact that feels a bit flimsy, typical for drugstore shadows. The quilted imprint looks quite pretty and does not affect the performance of the shadow. I picked this shadow up on a whim because I had to reach a $15 threshold to get some Rite Aid Rewards and I browsed through the whole shadow line up. Just looking at the shadow I could tell it was going to be pigmented and amazing. Something about the shimmery, almost metallic finish was evident.

My instincts were right and one swipe yields beautiful color pay off. Gilded Bronze is reflective yet not glittery and is as smooth as higher end shadows. If your makeup collection is lacking a brilliant bronze shadow, look no further than your local drugstore.

9 comments:

  1. It looks very nice. I love the color but I probably have a handful of them similar to this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! It's not a unique color by any means but the formula is great. I'm not sure if the other shades in the line are as good though.

      Delete
  2. Oh wow, I didn't realize the L'Oreal shadows were so nice! Will definitely have to keep an eye out next time I'm at the drug store!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope the other shades are just as good if you try them out!

      Delete
  3. That looks very pretty. I don't like the packaging or the pattern on these shadows (I know, a stupid reason), so I never even looked at the colors too close. But now I am interested. This shade is right up my alley. Thank you for this review (& enabling).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, my pleasure for being an enabler! I could do without the dinky plastic packaging but at least it's black and not a cheapy translucent compact. But nobody will know how faulty the packaging is when you wear this gorgeous color out!

      Delete
    2. That's true. Ok, you talked me into it. I am going to pick it up. You really had to twist my arm here:)

      Delete
    3. Now I hope you love it! I'd feel bad if it doesn't live up to your expectations :/

      Delete