Friday, August 24, 2012

My Boyfriend Does My Makeup!


After weeks of convincing, my boyfriend finally succumbed and agreed to do the "boyfriend does my makeup" tag! Long time readers of my blog will probably have seen Dennis before (although I've never mentioned his name). We had a lot of fun doing this video and the poor boy was really nervous about messing up. I had over 45 minutes worth of footage and it was hard to cut it down so the video is a bit lengthy.


I highly encourage anyone with a boyfriend or guy friend to do this tag even if it's just between the two of you. My boyfriend now has an entirely new level of respect for people who apply makeup as it was a lot harder than he thought it would be. This will definitely be something we will both look back on in ten years and laugh about.

Have you ever let your significant other apply makeup on you? How did it turn out?

10 comments:

  1. You guys are too cute! He's so funny and totally clueless! I can tell you guys had a lot of fun doing this video. I have never let a guy do my makeup. Not that I don't want to but just something I have yet to try...maybe someday when I am no longer single.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pang :D We had a lot of laughs throughout filming and I had to cut out a lot of our silly asides. No worries, being single is great because you have a lot of freedom! But when you have a partner maybe give this a try :) Good for bonding!

      Delete
  2. This is so funny! You look so scared half the time LOL. You guys are so cute together. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The funny thing is that I didn't realize how scared I looked until I watched it. I guess it was subconscious fear! XD

      Delete
  3. LOL you and your boyfriend are so cute and funny together! Like Maggie said, you look so scared but don't worry, I would be too if I let my boyfriend do my makeup for me. Actually, I could no let my boyfriend do my makeup for me. He would cross contaminate EVERYTHING. When Dennis applied the blush with an an eyeshadow brush? I literally died a little inside LOL :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I think Dennis knows how I like to keep everything very clean and tidy so he was very gentle with my makeup. When he chose the blending brush for the blush I was trying to hold in my laughter. XD Thanks for watching!

      Delete
  4. This is so cute!! Judging from the pictures, I think he must have been very content with his look for you! It definitely looks like you guys had a ton of fun doing this. My male friends do not understand the point in blogging, let alone a beauty blog.. I hope my future boyfriend will be more understanding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, he was so sad about not doing a great job but honestly I never expected him to know what he was doing. Some of my friends, girls and guys, tease me about the blog and videos but I just try to ignore them. They don't seem to understand the time and effort it takes nor do they understand how much I love doing this. I'm really fortunate that my boyfriend is very supportive of what I do! Hope your future boyfriend will understand too!

      Delete
  5. Haha, the look on his face while applying the makeup is priceless! You're so cute together. :)

    ReplyDelete