Saturday, September 8, 2012

A Few (Unnecessary) Bits From Origins


Thanks to the constant raves concerning a few Origins products a la Vivianna, I had to fight the urge to purchase some rather unneeded skincare products. But one fine day last week, I was an hour early for class and I found myself right outside an Origins shop... and of course, the rest is history.

I picked up two masks, the Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask and the Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask. My oily skin needs a good cleansing mask to draw out impurities so I chose to grab the mini size of the Clear Improvement Mask to try. If I love it, then I'll go ahead and invest in the full size. I wanted to find a less expensive alternative to the Jurlique Herbal Recovery Gel Mask, which I love, so I turned to the Drink Up Intensive Mask which many people seem to like. I was going to get the travel size of that as well but the sales associate convinced me otherwise as it's a better deal to get the full size.

I also asked for two samples: the famous Vitazing Moisturizer, made popular by TiffanyD, and the newer BB Cream in the lightest shade. I am constantly on the hunt to find bases that I love and can wear on a daily basis. The sales associate was really friendly, polite and not too pushy so that was a huge plus in my books.

I have only tried Vitazing once so far so I'm hesitant to say too much yet but the rest of the products are still untested. Watch the video below to see the samples better but until then, you'll have to wait for my reviews!

 

Have you tried any of these products from Origins? I'd love to read your experiences with the brand!

10 comments:

  1. I love that Origins makes travel sized versions of their popular skincare items now. This will definitely increase my chances of indulging in their products. If you hadn't just loaded up on masks, I'd highly recommend you try the Murad Clarifying Mask if you haven't already. I love it for clearing up my t-zone and nose. I don't like the Queen Helene Mint Julep mask either but I've had very good luck with Murad's.

    P.S. That cookie(??) pillow on your bed is adorable ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the reccomendation! I've never heard anything about the Murad mask but I'll keep an eye out for it. And yes, that pillow is a cookie :)

      Delete
  2. Ah I always fight the urge to walk into Origins. I can't wait for these reviews! Although I also probably don't need more skincare products...xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same, I don't need more masks or misc. skincare for the time being but I have a lot of essentials that are running out like cleansers and whatnot. Clearly my priorities are out of order XD

      Delete
  3. I've never tried their product but the BB cream sounds interesting. I still have a lot of skincare product I need to use so I'm gonna have to finish them before hauling some more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At this point I consider most Western "BB Creams" just tinted moisturizers because that's what they are. The BB cream phenomenon is really a lot of marketing and hype. I'm really interested in trying out a real Asian BB cream though.

      Delete
  4. I would love to try Origins products! And the fact that they have travel sizes makes them more alluring. I just finished my first-ever bottle of serum and I'd love to purchase one from Origins! Man.. I hope that's all I leave with though! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never really heard anything amazing about Origins' serums but if you try one, I hope it works out :) I'm not sure I see a huge difference in my skin when I use serums because I don't have fine lines or anything. It's so hard to leave with only the things you intended to pick up XD

      Delete
  5. You are tempting me into Origin products! hahaha! I always walk by the Origin counter in my local department store or at Sephora but nothing caught my eyes. Looking forward for your reviews!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These products mostly caught my attention due to the raves. The packaging and aesthetic of Origins products is pretty simple and no-frills so that may be why you were never inclined to test out their things :)

      Delete