Wednesday, September 12, 2012

First Zoya Nail Polish Haul & First Impressions


Zoya is a brand I've been wanting to get my hands on for the longest time but I was always weary of ordering online for fear my nail polishes would shatter before they reached my doorstep. Coupled with the usually expensive shipping prices of nail polishes, I just never made an order... until a few weeks ago when Zoya was doing a BOGO offer. Plus, when you ordered six or more bottles, you qualified for free shipping! The deal was too good to pass up so I picked up some colors that are unique to my ever growing collection.


First off, I love how Zoya packages the polishes in a cardboard box within a bigger shipping box full of packaging popcorn. I've never ordered nail polish online so I'm not sure if this is standard. Is it?


From right to left I chose Jules, Wednesday, and Kristen. I love shimmery champagne and rose gold polishes and Jules fit the bill perfectly. This is less of a rose gold and more of a white gold which makes it different enough than ORLY Rage for me to justify getting it. Wednesday is definitely more of a spring and summer shade but I don't know when I'll be ordering from Zoya again so I had to add this to my nail polish stash just in case. I only have one other mint nail polish which is significantly lighter and greener than Wednesday. Kristen is a light dove blue which I think is gorgeous for fall. I've been loving the look of muted, grayed nails for the cooler months.


The other three I chose were, from right to left, Kendal, Caitlin, and Ki. Kendal is a very pale grayed lilac which is similar to ORLY Just Dance which is one of my favorite polishes. Kendal is more cool toned than Just Dance and I needed a replacement anyway. I'm wearing Kendal on my nails at the moment and will be doing individual swatches and reviews for these polishes in the future. Caitlin is a gray cornflower blue that is incredibly unique and beautiful. I think this will be my next manicure color! Ki is probably the most unique of the six polishes I chose due to the brown, teal and burgandy duochrome. Depending on how the light hits the polish, different colors are reflected back. I am really excited to see how this translates on the nails.


Along with the order, Zoya also sent some free spoon swatches of their new collections. These are great to keep as references and are a good way of gauging how polishes look when swatched.


A booklet containing all of Zoya's polish colors was also included in the order and this is great for keeping track of shades I already own and seeing which ones I might want next.

Overall I am highly pleased with my Zoya haul and I can't wait to wear each and every one of these new and unique shades! Have you tried Zoya nail polishes? Which are your favorites?

7 comments:

  1. I think I'm going to declare Zoya my choice for nail polish. They have such a large collection of colors AND finishes... you won't be disappointed when you need to find that IT color you are looking for. My favorite is Anja, which is a berry red, similar to wicked from essie. Totally fall color appropriate. My other favorite is Harley, a cement gray with some tiny shimmer.

    I need to get Wednesday... that looks pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just googled your picks and they're lovely colors! I need to try these polishes out a bit more before I declare any of them favorites but so far, so good.

      Delete
  2. The colors you got are lovely! My favorites would have to be Jules and Ki. So pretty! Can't wait to see them on your nails. Very read for fall, you are. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fall is my favorite season in terms of fashion, makeup and nail art! I love vampy and smokey colors and these fit the bill nicely in addition to what I already have.

      Delete
  3. Awesome haul. I was debating if I should get Ki or not. I felt like it somewhat looks similar to something I might already have. I hope to see you post swatches :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have anything like Ki in my collection yet so it was a must have for me. It's not a polish I would wear constantly so I definitely understand why you wouldn't get it if you had something similar. I will try to post swatches in a timely manner but I have a few to get through and I like to give my nails a break in between mani changes :)

      Delete
  4. I LOVE the Wednesday color.

    http://thegeekypeacock.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete