Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Jouer Lip Enhancer: My HG Lip Balm Gloss


A sample of the Jouer Lip Enhancer was kindly sent to me when I requested some shades of the Jouer Luminizing Moisture Tint and I'm shocked that this gem of a lip balm doesn't have a cult following in the blogging world yet.

Jouer claims that their lip enhancer will nourish and condition the lips with the clinically proven Maxi Lip formula. The Maxi Lip treatment is supposed to increase blood flow to the lips which makes them look more hydrated and youthful. Ingredients such as vitamin E, shea butter and jojoba oil protect the lips from evironmentally damaging elements. The full size tube contains .33 ounces and costs $14 which I think is reasonable for a great product.


The reason I prefer this lip balm over many other lip balms in squeezy tubes is due to the formula. As you can see in the photo above, the balm comes out of the tube as a pink tinged gel. Usually lip balms in tubes come out as a liquid which makes application messy and sticky. The Jouer lip enhancer melts on contact with the lips and makes application a breeze. The formula is non sticky and it is easy to get just the right amount of product on the lips.

In terms of scent, I can detect a very faint smell that is pleasant but I can't quite put my finger on what it is. If I don't make an effort to smell the balm, it's undetectable.


The balm looks clear on the lips but I decided to include a swatch photo anyway to show the beautiful shine that looks like a gloss. A very thin layer of product soothes my lips yet imparts a healthy glow. Unlike other liquid lip balms which tend to leave a white line where my lips touch, the  Jouer lip enhancer does no such thing. I think the plumping claims are very minimal and subtle but I don't mind as I'm not a fan of the huge lipped look anyway.

The Jouer lip enhancer was a surprising product because I usually prefer stick lip balms and my lips are quite sensitive. I am happy to report my little find to you all and I highly recommend this to those of you looking for a comfortable, glossy lip balm.

8 comments:

  1. This sounds awesome! And it really does make your lips look moisturized and healthy. I've been quite enjoying my Jack Black lip balm though so I must finish that before trying out a new one! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard a lot about the Jack Black lip balms but I have so many to use up! I'll probably buy the full size of the Jouer lip balm though since I like it so much :D

      Delete
  2. This looks so pretty! Really into glossy balms at the moment

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which ones have you been liking? I'm usually more into regular balms since I prefer to wear a lipcolor over top.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. It looks just like a clear lipgloss but is way more comfortable and moisturizing! :)

      Delete
  4. Your lips look super healthy and moisturized! It must be a good product. I'm more of a chapstick kind of girl lol :p so boring :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm usually more of a chapstick girl myself but I've been trying to use up some of my lipsticks and glosses! Whatever floats your boat so don't think you're boring :)

      Delete