Sunday, September 30, 2012

Jouer Nude Lipgloss: Back to Nudes


For the first year and a half, give or take, when I started wearing makeup, I would only wear nude lip colors. I rarely wore any lip products for a long time but when I did, it would always be a milky nude lip. Heavily inspired by Japanese Gyaru gals, Korean pop idols and Taiwanese drama actresses, I thought nude lips were the most flattering on me and they seemed to be the "safest" lip color. I don't quite remember when I exactly changed my mind but I started to notice that nude lips made me look washed out and sick. I was erasing my lip color and making it a pasty color akin to zombie lips. I veered off my nude lip obsession to dabble in pinks, corals, reds and even the occasional burgundy.

A little more than a month ago, I purchased a shockingly bright Jouer lipgloss in Birchbox Pink and loved the formula. Then a few weeks after that I attended the Birchbox Sample Stop event and the Jouer lipgloss in Nude was one of the samples available. Nude is a shimmer-less brown toned nude with a touch of pink. I jumped at the chance to try another shade in the lipgloss range, hoping that the formula was just as great.


Long story short, my expectations were met. The lipgloss is non-sticky and easily applied. It does not goop up nor leave that unflattering white line where my lips meet. Nude has even better pigmentation than Birchbox Pink. The best part is that this nude lipgloss does not make me look corpse-like and gives me the milky lip look that I had hoped to achieve back in the day. The only aspect that Nude does not accomplish is moisturizing my lips as well as Birchbox Pink. Nude clings onto dry flakes a bit more so it is paramount to have healthy, plush lips prior to application. I've come to believe that nude lip colors are less forgiving on dry, peeling lips.

I am extremely pleased with Jouer's lipgloss in Nude and I am more confident that I will like the other colors in the range. I think the $20 retail price for .24 fluid ounces is reasonable and would definitely pick up a few more to add to my collection. Have you tried any Jouer lipglosses? What is your favorite nude lipgloss?

12 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous nude pink!!! :) I am going to look in Jouer glosses like right now! :P One of my favorite nudes is the Canmake Nudy Glow glosses :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been wanting to try some Canmake lip products for a long time but I'm wary of ordering from long distances :( Hopefully one day I'll get my hands on some!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful color!!! I'm gonna have to go to the Sample store, all the goodies look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Sample Stop was only a pop up store so it's not around now. You can find Jouer lipglosses online though :)

      Delete
  3. I've always wanted to try Jouer lipglosses and they sound amazing based on your reviews. Nude looks so pretty on your lips! I don't really have many nude lipglosses, but the one I do perpetuate, I guess, is Revlon's Nude Lustre. An oldie but a goodie! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't really get on well with the Revlon Super Lustrous lipglosses with shimmer in them and I think Nude Lustre has shimmer in it, right? I have the one in Peach Petal one though, which is a nude without shimmer. I never wear it though because I think it makes me look exremely unhealthy :(

      Delete
  4. This seems to be the perfect nude for you! I'm not so crazy about lip products but I find it especially hard to find the perfect nude. Usually, the problem lies in the fact that it makes me look, well, dead sort of. My hunt continues!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Agreed, the dead lip look is not flattering at all. I like pairing nude lips with really dramatic eye makeup looks. Pink toned nudes are easier to pull off rather than beige toned nudes :)

      Delete
  5. such a lovely color! everyone loves darker lip colors for the fall time, but i will always turn to good nudes! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love a good dark lip for fall but nudes are great too! I tend to neglect nude lips for spring and summer because I'm more tan and nude lips just don't look great on my tanner complexion.

      Delete
  6. That looks like such a perfect my-lips-but-better colour. Is Jouer new? I've never heard of them! Then again, I live in Asia and we don't get many exciting makeup brands as they do in the States!

    P.S. Thanks for following my blog dear! I've just followed you. I love me a beauty blog! Yay! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I've been an Instagram follower of yours for awhile so it's awesome that you found my blog!

      Jouer isn't new but it's not a really well known brand overseas. I think they're definitely becoming more well known in the states so hopefully they'll expand soon! Asia has tons of awesome cosmetics that I'd love to have readily available here!

      Delete