Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Zoya Caitlin: A Periwinkle Dove Gray Polish


For some reason or another I tend to wear warm toned polishes on my nails; I think they suit me better than cool toned hues. But I thought I should have a few cool polishes to choose from for the fall and winter so along came Zoya Caitlin. Under certain lighting Caitlin looks like a flat, dark slate and in other conditions it looks like a deep periwinkle shade. I like it more when it looks lighter as gray is quite a depressing nail polish to look at.

Like Zoya Kendal, Caitlin had good staying power and only started showing signs of cracking on the fifth day. However, applying Caitlin was quite difficult as the brush head was cut at an awkward angle. This is probably a defect that only happened to my particular bottle and is not unique to this one color. I did not have this issue with Kendal and will have to see how the other brushes look on my other Zoya polishes. When a polish retails for $8 I expect the brush to be of high quality and this particular polish disappointed me in that aspect.

While Caitlin isn't as dainty as Kendal, it's a unique shade nonetheless and makes the nails look sophisticated. This polish will definitely be relegated to the colder parts of the year and is a nice departure from the usual reds and burgundies I tend to wear.

4 comments:

  1. This looks so pretty! I have been looking for a color like that! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a color I don't see too often. Usually they're more gray or more blue. This is a nice inbetween! :)

      Delete
  2. Perfect colour! I love it. Perfect for fall :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, it's a nice color for the cooler, gray days. Definitely matches my mood when I'm somber about the weather XD

      Delete