Monday, September 17, 2012

Zoya Kendal: Perfect Subdued Lilac Nails


After receiving six lovely polishes in my first Zoya haul, I faced the always difficult decision of which color to wear first. I chose Kendal, a muted gray lilac, as I was in the mood for an understated, prim manicure. The closest shade I have in my collection is ORLY's Dance Til Dawn but Kendal is more gray and cool toned. I think gray, ashy colored polishes are a great alternative to the dark, vampy nails that are popular for fall.

Kendal is a cream finish that applies opaque in two coats. I found the formula relatively easy to work with but the brush is thinner than I prefer. After sealing the polish with Seche Vite, Kendal lasted six days with very minimal chipping and no cracks at all. I removed the polish at the end of the sixth day but I think Kendal would have looked amazing after a whole week of wear.

I am undoubtedly happy with Kendal as it looks amazing on its own and will probably look beautiful layered under a glittery polish as well. I highly recommend this shade and will definitely be sporting it for the upcoming fall and winter.

8 comments:

  1. So cute! A great color choice. I wonder if there are any drug store dupes of this color out there?

    girlgotglitter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder as well! I don't have any drugstore dupes in my collection though :)

      Delete
  2. I love that purple shade! :D Going to make it my first TO GET when I buy from Zoya.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely pick it up! Can't wait to see what other colors you choose when you get your first Zoya polishes :D

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I didn't expect to love this as much as I do! It truly is pretty :)

      Delete
  4. It looks lovely on your nails! And that wear sounds pretty amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was keeping my fingers crossed that the longevity would be at least five days as that's quite normal for my better polishes. Thankfully I was not disappointed!

      Delete