Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Zoya Jules: The New Neutral


After my disappointing experience with Zoya's Ki, I was a bit apprehensive about trying another shimmery shade that looked all kinds of multidimensional goodness in the bottle. Thankfully Jules is every bit as gorgeous on my nails as it is in the bottle.


It's hard to describe Jules because it looks gold, silver, green with a tinge of taupe. I have never seen a polish quite like this one. The shimmers are incredibly fine and the formula is thin. I need about three thin coats of this polish to achieve an opaque manicure. The application was a breeze and there was minimal tip wear in the first few hours but no chipping or smudging.


The shimmer and shine of Jules is subtle and refined. This is a great polish for a conservative office without being the usual pale nude. Instead of a bold red or sparkly polish, this is a great alternative for holiday and new years nails.

Do you love this shade as much as I do? Have you seen any similar polishes to Jules?

6 comments:

  1. Wow, I don't typically wear nail polishes with shimmer, but this is so nice! The shimmer is so subtle, and it's a nude - which I like. Love that you described it as conservative, because it's spot on.

    Thanks for sharing! xx

    http://www.exoddinary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I've been more picky in regards to shimmer polish as well because it can sometimes look garish. This is how shimmer is done right! :)

      Delete
  2. What a gorgeous nude (well everyday!) color. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this is lovely for everyday or for more glam events. It's a great transitional polish!

      Delete
  3. I can't wait for the next Zoya deal. I'll definitely be ordering Jules and the 3 holographic polishes from Ornate holiday collection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I was eyeing those as well! They look lovely :)

      Delete