Friday, October 12, 2012

Zoya Kristen: Lovely Sky Blue Nails


The Zoya swatches continue and this time I have Kristen: a pale sky blue with just a hint of dustiness. I have nothing like this in my collection and it is a great shade for any time of year. The cream finish was pretty easy to work with and two coats was enough to cover every nook and cranny along my cuticles.

I have to mention that all the Zoya polishes I have tried have had some tip wear within the first day. For some reason the polish tends to migrate up and leave the tips of my nails bare which drives me quite mad. I guess it might be attributed to my incessant typing and clacking of fingernails against hard surfaces. Luckily the issue is easily mitigated with a few swipes of an emery board.

After the initial tip wear, Kristen lasted about five whole days without showing cracks or chips. The cream finishes I have tried so far (Kendal and Caitlin) all seem to go strong for at least five days which is great.

If you have nothing like Kristen in your collection, I can whole heartedly recommend it. It's a lovely soft blue that would look striking on any skintone and the formula is good (albeit the initial tip wear issue).

6 comments:

  1. Such beautiful pale blue shade with a hint of 'grey' underneath it! I have been looking for a color like this to add into my collection. Thank you for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you can get your hands on this if it's what you've been looking for! It's a nice shade that has a place in everyone's collection :)

      Delete
  2. I totally dig this color! It looks very calming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, it is calming! It reminds me of water or the sky which are both lovely ^^

      Delete
  3. Such a pretty blue! I've never tried Zoya before... !

    www.exoddinary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was among my first batch of Zoya polishes ever :) Def give them a try because they have a great color selection! Not sure if you can get them in HK though :(

      Delete