Sunday, November 18, 2012

A Walk in the Park OOTD

Coat, Peplum Top, Necklace - H&M / Jeans - American Eagle / Cardigan - Gap /
Faux Fur Scarf - Uniqlo / Boots - Vince Camuto / Bag - Cole Haan
I think of myself first and foremost as a beauty blogger but personal style occupies a small space on the blog as well and I convinced the boyfriend to play photographer during a Central Park outing. We just celebrated our three year anniversary (more details in this month's wrap up post) so I wanted to pick up some new pieces to wear.

I jumped onto the peplum bandwagon when I found this lovely pink and white floral top for $18 and a 40% coupon to make the deal even sweeter. All jewelry and hair accessories were buy one get one free so I picked up this gem encrusted necklace that is a nice statement piece for plain outfits.


The rest of my outfit was styled from old favorites including my much loved faux fur scarf and my trusty two tone riding boots. The weather was chilly but the skies were clear so a light coat from last year's sale (scored it for only $15!) was enough to keep me from freezing. I opted for a slouchy crossbody bag from Cole Haan as I needed a roomy purse for my camera.


From afar, the H&M necklace looks quite majestic and it's definitely a trendy piece I would rather save than splurge on. I wish you could feel how soft the fur collar is because a photo does it no justice. I picked it up at Uniqlo for under $10 last season and it is one of my most worn fall and winter accessories.


I wanted my boyfriend to join in on the fun and I also needed to practice taking some shots so here's a little bonus outfit. Even though I'm not by any means a fashion blogger nor a photographer, it's really enjoyable looking for scenic areas and snapping a few memories we can both look back on. Hopefully we can sneak in a few more outfit photo sessions before the end of the year!

10 comments:

  1. Nice shots! :) I love your outfit..you look like a city girl :) Your scarf is especially pretty! And your BF looks cute w/the button jacket!! I like that look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Well, I guess I am a city girl technically :) My boyfriend actually hates buttoning up his jacket but it got colder throughout the day and I kept nagging him to button up!

      Delete
  2. The photos turned out really nice! Can't wait to see more (that is if the weather here allows hah) & I love your outfit! :D
    'Photoshoots' like this look fun. Seems like great bonding time too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've always wanted to do "photoshoots" like this but I was never comfortable really bringing the idea up with friends and I always felt really awkward when people took pictures of me. It's a lot easier just with my boyfriend though and it usually involves a lot of laughing and giggling along the way :)

      Delete
  3. Love your outfit! :D What a sweet deal for the coat!! And so was the faux fur scarf, especially since it looks so fluffy and soft. I wish I had someone to take outfit pictures for me! I only have my parents...whom would do no such thing for my blog hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maggie! The coat is really basic and not the best quality but it was inexpensive and I wanted a tan colored coat so I guess it was a nice deal. The faux fur scarf was also on sale and I used to work at Uniqlo so I made use of my employee discount! I would never ask my parents to take outfit photos for me either.... I rarely bring up my blog and I actually don't think they truly understand what I do on the internet all the time :)

      Delete
  4. you look stunning! the pictures turned out so good! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! I'm pretty happy with the way they turned out too!

      Delete
  5. I think your pictures came out really nice. We learn to take better pictures by taking more pictures so don't feel bad if things don't come out the way you envisioned. I love your outfit and that H&M necklace looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I'm really happy with this little photo set and I'm really excited to do this more often now that I'm starting to get my boyfriend on board. He's helped me take photos and film before and I always used to feel really bad for some reason. The H&M necklace is a stunner from afar but up close you can see it's not the absolute best quality. Still pretty though!

      Delete