Thursday, November 1, 2012

Apothica Haul: Too Faced, Elemis and Voluspa


A box of beauty goodies landed on my doorstep last week courtesy of Apothica. I selected a variety of products and brands that I have been wanting to try for some time.

First there's the Too Faced Amazing Face Foundation that comes in the most exquisitely adorable packaging I have ever seen for a foundation. All of my base products have SPF in them are better suited for day to day wear rather than special events where flash photography will bounce off of the SPF particles. All of my full size base products are too dark for my fall and winter skin tone so I wanted to get a foundation for my paler complexion. I was between this foundation or Nars Sheer Glow but after testing out samples from Sephora, I like the Too Faced a bit better. You can see how this looks on my skin and how I apply it in my recent Get Ready With Me post.

Elemis is a brand I've heard a lot about but their products are quite high end and out of my budget. I found the Tranquil Touch Creamy Body Wash on sale for $10.50 so I thought it was a great deal considering the usual price is $35. I quickly added it to my shopping cart as I've been obsessed with finding new bath time products to treat myself with. The scent is surprisingly masculine and, to be honest, not my favorite. But the product itself is a nice viscous liquid that feels comfortable on the skin.

I've also been on a candle kick lately which I blame the blog and Youtube world for as I had never really been interested in home fragrances before. I acquired two mini Voluspa candles, one in Panjore Lychee and the other in Pomegranate Patchouli. The jars are beautiful and I wanted the small sizes so I could test out the scents to see if I liked them. I'm picky with fragrances so I was somewhat wary about ordering these without prior sniffing. Panjore Lychee is a very sweet (too sweet for me to love) smelling candle while Pomegranate Patchouli is musky and demure (more up my alley).

More in depth reviews and photos are on the way as I usually need a few weeks to really see how I feel about new play things. So far I'm happy with the products I chose and can't wait to incorporate them into my beauty routine!

10 comments:

  1. the too-faced foundation seems really nice! and I like how it sets on your face ^_~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far it is nice! I think I like it applied with a BeautyBlender a bit more because I'm not used to a higher coverage base anymore :)

      Delete
  2. Too-faced packaging is amazing overall! I love how everything is pink and girly!^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! Sometimes it can be a bit overkill and I tend to prefer more understated, basic packaging but Too Faced brings out the eight year old in me.

      Delete
  3. I refuse to fall into the whole candle fad going around. If anything, try oil burners. They're easier when it comes to switching up or re-using scents, take up less space, and cost less (unless you get addicted to collecting every oil made on Etsy!
    It's weird but when it comes to Too Faced, I hardly think about their base products. Their eyeshadows catch my eye but never the face products!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, thanks for the tip about the oil burners! I'll try to look into that soon :) I was looking at tart burners which are somewhat similar (kind of inbetween oil burners and regular candles?). The sales associate at Sephora actually told me she loves this Too Faced foundation so I'm excited to use it a bit more to see if I agree!

      Delete
  4. Pomegranate candle sounds interesting! Can't wait for your review on Too Faced foundation! As for Apothica.com, I'm left with a very bad image of them. A few months back, they contacted me about my blog and while exchanging email with the person, everything just stopped and never heard from them again. A week went by and I emailed them to ask them if they were still interested and stuff and they never answered. It just proves that they are not credible. At least, they could make the effort (and by politeness) to tell me by sending a short email that they weren't interested anymore. (SOrry! I had to vent it out!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear about your negative experience with them! I've been in contact with them for over a year and a half and sometimes they do take about a week to respond but everyone I have interacted with has been very nice and courteous. Perhaps shoot them another email to see if somehow the previous one had been overlooked?

      Delete
  5. ooo Pomegranate Patchouli sounds very nice, I might just have to buy it and I cannot wait for your review on Too Faced Foundation as I have been wanting to try that out for some time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will try to have that review up soon! :)

      Delete