Thursday, November 29, 2012

Black Friday Haul: Sephora and Kiehl's (Samples Galore!)


Black Friday never really appealed to me because I despised waking up at odd hours of the cold morning to stand in line with hundreds of other irritable people. I skipped the brick and mortar shops and took to the internet instead because Sephora and Kiehl's were having decent sample deals and I wanted to get some Christmas shopping done.

From Sephora I grabbed two of the $10 deals for myself and everything else in my order was for friends. The Josie Maran Bear Naked Wipes Duo seemed like a decent deal and I am stockpiling makeup removing wipes for a travel opportunities (my most used excuse for hoarding beauty products). The nail wipes sound too good to be true as they claim that one little pad can remove polish from ten nails. I will report back when I've tested them out. The Stila Merry & Bright Holiday Palette and Kitten Lipglaze turned out to be a much better deal than I had anticipated. I had originally added this to my cart thinking it was going to be a gift but while my order was still shipping, I thought of something else I would rather get my friend, So the set became mine and the six eyeshadows are strikingly similar to the shades from the In The Light palette. The convertible color in Lillium is gorgeous and so is the lipglaze. A full review with detailed swatches will be up in a day or two because I cannot wait to share this awesome set (which unfortunately was only for Black Friday, bummer).

From Kiehl's I only ordered the Ultra Facial Moisturizer because I have been wanting to try it out for some time and the price is very reasonable for the amount you get. Honestly, I just wanted to purchase something relatively inexpensive so that I could get a bunch of samples to try. Samples are my downfall....


The pile above is the hoard of samples that I received with my orders which I am very excited about. Some of the samples are pretty worthless like the Too Faced Shadow Insurance paper sample but a lot of the skincare and haircare ones will be fun to test out.

Check out the video below to see the products a bit better as well as some of the sample highlights!


I have two orders from Bumble and Bumble that I purchased during Black Friday and Cyber Monday and will do a video and post on both orders when they arrive. Bumble and Bumble have been having some issues regarding backorders and the like so watch out for that post in upcoming weeks. Did you haul any beauty goodies during Black Friday or Cyber Monday?

6 comments:

  1. I bought from Sephora and Ulta. I'm a hoarder for samples too! do report what you find on the nail wipes. I CP'ed one for a friend on BF...it was the last one they had! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think most beauty bloggers love samples because we get to try out a lot of new things without accumulating so much that we can't use them up! I really hope the nail wipes work out :)

      Delete
  2. wow, that's a whole lotta samples!! I love trying out samples too~ ^_~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! When I go on a few sleep overs the samples stash will be depleted though XD

      Delete
  3. yay for so many samples, i honestly love samples haha x and awesome the palette came with lilium. i own lilium in full size and its gorgeous! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lillium is gorgeous! I've been wanting to try the convertible colors for so long so this palette is perfect!

      Delete