Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Lush Ro's Argan: Another Shower Time Add In


My shower routine used to be simple: face cleanser, shampoo, hair conditioner and lastly body wash. After discovering the wonders of the beauty world, a whole new array of bath time goodies joined my daily routine. Lush adds another luxurious step to your shower with Ro's Argan, a body conditioner meant to nourish the skin post wash.


This body treatment comes at a price of $32.95 for a 8.4 oz tub; it is not a bargain product but will not empty your bank account either. The ingredients list is full of tantalizing oils and butters that make the price justifiable. Argan oil is towards the middle of the list so the name is a bit misleading. There are parabens at the bottom of the list which may be troublesome for people who avoid preservatives in their skincare but I usually do not mind.

The scent lives up to the name and smells absolutely gorgeous. I personally love rose scented beauty products and Ro's Argan has a unique rose scent that many seem to adore. The scent lingers a bit after use but is not overpowering in the slightest.


Ro's Argan feels like a lotion when you scoop a dollop onto your palm but when spread onto the skin and mixed with water, it dissolves into a diluted milky liquid. I apply the product all over my body as I need all the moisture I can get and I find that stepping away from the shower water is best. I like to let the product soak in for a few seconds before rinsing off quickly as it would be a waste to wash all the product off before your skin gets a chance to appreciate it. After using this product there is the tiniest bit of residue left on my skin that I do not find greasy or oily.

In fact, I actually prefer if the residue was a bit more substantial given my dry-as-the-sahara skin and that is my biggest qualm about Ro's Argan. It just does not replace a good old fashioned body moisturizer for me and that will prevent me from shelling out for another tub after this one bites the dust. I was hoping Ro's Argan would condition my skin enough so that I could skip body lotion but adding another step just for the sake of feeling pampered doesn't make too much sense to me. Maybe Lush will make a more intensive version of this someday and then I can indulge happily.

Have you tried Ro's Argan by Lush? What's your secret to smooth, moisturized skin in the winter?

6 comments:

  1. i love this product - like you said it doesnt replace a moisturizer, but I do like it cause I'm lazy often and forget to apply regular moisturizer and the scent is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get lazy sometimes and just use this instead of a proper moisturizer but my skin definitely takes a toll and I get itchy scabs when my skin dries out :( As much as I love the scent I wish it was heavier!

      Delete
  2. I haven't tried this as I usually just use Vani cream and it works great on my skin keeping it moisturize well enough =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never heard of Vani cream but thanks for the suggestion!

      Delete
  3. A while back when I was still going to Lush a lot, the SA put some on my hand and it felt really nice. The price is a bit much for being a bath product and I think the scent is kinda strong for my nose. I would have liked it better if it smelled like honey I washed the kids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Surprisingly I like this scent more than Honey I Washed The Kids but they should definitely make more of these body conditioners in various scents!

      Delete