Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Revlon LipButter in Créme Brulée Revisited


When the Revlon lip butters were all the rage on Youtube and blogs, I held fast to my wallet and steered away from the drugstores. But my willpower never lasts too long and I grabbed two shades from the colorstay lip butter line, just to see what the hype was about. That was many months ago and I never really reviewed or even mentioned these lip butters aside from the original haul post. Honestly, these were neither fantastic or complete duds so they never got a mention. Recently I dug out Créme Brulée, a beige nude, just for kicks and decided to swatch it just for the sake of sharing another lip swatch with the world.

The color pay off is sheer but semi-buildable with Créme Brulée and pigmentation varies depending on each shade. The swatch below is about two or three light swipes across the lips. The color is nice for toning down my naturally dark lip color without looking completely washed out, which is a good thing. The bad? This is not a moisturizing lip product whatsoever. I have to apply this over lip balm or else the product will cling onto any dry areas or flaky skin. While my lips are not dehydrated after wearing this, my lips seem to flake, making it impossible to reapply and get a good look.



If you never have issues with dry lips and you're looking for a sheer nude lipstick, Créme Brulée is a nice budget friendly option. I think the darker shades are usually more forgiving in terms of clinging to dry spots so I'm still interested in trying darker shades. Have you given the cult favorite Revlon lip butters a shot? Which are your favorite shades?

12 comments:

  1. I like the lip butters a lot but i also really like the butters from Loreal. Lollipop is a nice color, darker and very vibrant but still wearable :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have one of the Caresse lipsticks from L'oreal which I really enjoy and want to snag some more of. I definitely want to indulge in some of the red and berry shades from both the Revlon lip butter and L'oreal Caresse lines!

      Delete
  2. unfortunately I haven't tried lipbutter just yet~ but will do soon~ Thanks for sharing ^_~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a surprise! I thought I was the last to jump on the lip butter bandwagon :)

      Delete
  3. This looks lovely on you. I didn't buy them until months later when everyone and their mamas already bought theirs. I really like them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pang! When I wear this I usually layer a gloss on top because this makes my lips look somewhat dry after a few hours. I purchased these pretty late myself and waited for a good deal before picking some up :)

      Delete
  4. oh your swatch is nice on you! fr some reason this shade looks bad on me :( but i do like the candy apple shade, peach parfait if it had no shimmer, tutti frutti for summer and berry smoothie in general

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are all shades on my wishlist! I really want to see how the darker shades look on me because I think those formulas are better than the lighter shades.

      Delete
  5. The color looks great on you!
    Now I don't want to try these lip butters as much. My lips get so dry and flakey :\

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Maybe try the darker shades which seem less drying. If you are prone to flaky lips, avoid Creme Brulee!

      Delete
  6. The color looks really pretty on you! Too bad about the flakiness. I have Pink Truffle (a brownish pink) and Tutti Frutti, and I wear Pink Truffle almost everyday. I think the darker shades are definitely more forgiving on the dry lips part.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have Pink Truffle on my list right now so perhaps I will try it in the future. I think the consensus is pretty much that the darker shades are less drying and clingy.

      Delete