Monday, December 10, 2012

All Wrapped Up Birchbox: December 2012


My Birchbox arrived very early this month by surprising me on the eighth even though I had not received a shipment notification. It was a nice surprise not knowing the contents on my box for once because I usually receive my box after the 10th and by then the products are on my Birchbox homepage already. In the spirit of the holidays this month's box is all decked out in hot pink and gold and my does it look pretty!

I am happy with this month's box and there are some solid products, a few which I have tried before and a few totally new to me. There is a tiny sample of theBalm's Mary-Lou Manizer highlighter which I already own the full size of, thanks to Birchbox since I won a Birchblogger challenge a few months back. The highlighter is very pigmented and beautiful and the sample size is about that of an eyeshadow which his handy for tucking into your purse. The Amika Nourishing Mask (for hair) was never a product I really wanted to try before but upon receiving it in my box I could not wait to test it out. The packette is enough for me to use three to four times which is very reasonable for just a sample. I have already tried it out once and my hair felt incredibly smooth afterwards so I give it two thumbs up! There is a little vial of Aerie's Shimmer Fragrance which is honestly not too intriguing but I've been into collecting perfume samples again so this is just another one to add to my pile. The last beauty product is the Lashem Measurable Difference Lash Gel Serum which is meant to give you denser lashes. I am incredibly excited about this addition as I have been intrigued by RapidLash after LilLadyLife's review but not yet ready to shell out for it. The only con is that the tube is minuscule and I doubt I will be able to use it long enough to see results. The lifestyle extra was a piece of Chuao Chocolate in Salted Chocolate Crunch. I tried other flavors of Chuao chocolates at the Birchbox Sample Stop but this flavor was new to me. Unfortunately I am not a fan of this particular flavor as dark chocolate is not up my alley. If you have yourself a sweet and savory tooth, Chuao might be great for you! There was also a $50 giftcard towards a $125 rental from RentTheRunway.com which was a nice gesture. However, I have no events to attend and thus will not be taking advantage of the offer.


As per usual, a look at the little note from the editors that is included with the products. The Birchbox prints are super simple yet appealing and refreshing.


Another rundown of the products I received to help you better understand the concept behind each product and the price ranges for each. The Lashem product is quite pricey so I hope I might seem even a hint of lusher lashes by using the sample.

What did you get in your December Birchbox? Have you tried any of the products I received?

No comments:

Post a Comment