Tuesday, December 11, 2012

First Impressions: Josie Maran Bear Naked Nail Wipes


One of the Sephora $10 value deals for Black Friday was the Josie Maran Bear Naked Set which included full sizes of their face wipes and nail wipes. Honestly, I had no reason to buy the set but I wanted to try some more Josie Maran products and the nail wipes alone regularly retail for $9. A portion of the proceeds from all Josie Maran Bear Naked products go to support the Polar Bear SOS initiative which seems like a nice bonus if you happen to like these wipes. I wish Josie Maran would specify the amount donated because it could be insignificant for all the consumer knows.

The Josie Maran Bear Naked Nail Wipes come in a small, portable screw top plastic container that is very handy for traveling. There are 20 wipes included and each wipe is very thin but quite sturdy. The pads are saturated in a non-acetone formula that smells like grapefruit. Argan oil is also included to nourish the cuticles and nails. Each pad is supposed to remove polish from 10 nails which made me a little skeptic to be honest.

Although each pad is very thin and not seemingly wet with formula, the oily residue surprisingly was able to keep on going to remove nail polish from 10 fingers! So the claims were all on point. However, it was somewhat tedious of a process since it took quite a while for the solution to penetrate through the polish. I found that placing the cotton securely on top of the nail and letting it sit for about 20 to 30 seconds and then rubbing the nail worked best. As I was removing the polish, the oils made my fingers very slippery which made the removal process more difficult as I progressed.

If you're interested in seeing how these wipes perform, check out the video below where I demonstrate how I use the wipes. 



Would do you use to remove your nail polish? Do you think you would be a fan of the Josie Maran Bear Naked Nail Wipes?

6 comments:

  1. Nail Wipes are too extravagant for me. I'll probably stick to drugstore brand nailpolish remover for the rest of my life!

    lilstephh.blogspot.ca

    p.s. what's the lilac colour you're wearing? it's so pretty!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, I'm more of a pure acetone kinda person just due to simplicity. Although the long term health effects are kind of scary if you think about it. I'm wearing Zoya's Kendal :) It's one of my new favorites!

      Delete
  2. I'd be very skeptical of this product if I saw it at Sephora! I'll probably just stick to regular nailpolish remover. When you took off more and more nailpolish did you end up getting any polish onto your fingers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This seemed really gimmicky and not like it would work but surprisingly performed decent. The removed nail polish stuck to the pad which was great and my fingers were clean aside from the oils.

      Delete
  3. I probably wouldn't use this to remove my nail polish since it seems to take too long to work with but I would use it to treat my cuticles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That seems like a good idea. However, I think if you want to nourish your cuticles, pure argan oil would be better!

      Delete