Thursday, December 13, 2012

Milani Cyberspace: An Out of This World Blue


The Milani 3D Holographic nail lacquers have been on my beauty wishlist for as long as I found out about them but for some reason the $5.50 price tag was always hard to stomach. The retail price is not expensive at all but I simply dislike paying full price for drugstore makeup and the measly buy one get one 50% off Milani deals were never too enticing. But CVS marked down the entire range of the Milani holographic polishes by 75% making each polish only a buck and some change. Let's just say I went a bit mad and hauled all six shades in the lineup.... Shout out to Mandy who was kind enough to find a silver one for me since my local CVS was out of stock on that shade!


The formula on these polishes is decent. The polish is very thin and watery so the layers are sheer but highly buildable. In the photos above I have three coats on each nail but on my other hand (not pictured) I did four coats and the extra coat darkened the polish and brought out a bit more of the holographic effect. The shimmers are very fine and not chunky at all. Once the polishes dry they lose a bit of sheen so it is important to finish off with a top coat (which I always do anyway). The holographic effect could be better and more vibrant but for the price, I am satisfied. Removal was incredibly easy and there was no fuss like with many glitter polishes.

I highly recommend checking out your CVS to see if they have anymore of these polishes up for grabs. I will definitely be sporting the gold and silver holographics during the holidays and New Years so watch out for those swatches as well! Are you a fan of glitzy nails or do you prefer more demure polishes? Have you ever tried a holographic nail polish?

7 comments:

  1. lovely colour, so pretty!

    theistyleblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ended up not picking up this shade and green. But this swatch looks amazing...O:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At first I didn't want the green but I read on a lot of blogs that the green was the most amazing when worn so I had to have it. Now I have the whole set because I'm crazy :(

      Delete
  3. My SO couldn't get me a back up set of these Milani holos but it's all for the best! I prefer linear holos over scattered such as this one but I'd take either any day over a cream or jelly finish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually prefer creams and jellies for most days but holographics are cool to look at for more special events or holidays! Personally I don't think I'll ever need a backup of a polish because I have so many already!

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous shade! Although I don't think I will be able to find it in England x


    www.ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always a bummer when beauty brands aren't available worldwide :( I'm sure some British brands have holographic polishes though!

      Delete